We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

Memphis, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

We are traveling this May.We want to be close to Myrtle beach. We are looking for a decent place to stay that is moderately priced. No pets allowed is a must.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

Dayton House, Best Western Carolinian. Aqua Inn, Mermaid Inn, Caravelle. These are just some thoughts and there are many more.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

What is your budget, and do you want to be on the beach?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

Also Carolina Winds or Grande Shores Ocean Resort. These two are in a great location at the northern end of Myrtle Beach. Also look at Monterey Bay or Long Bay.

Good luck, have fun. May is a great time to go.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 14:49
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

I was going to recommend Long Bay as well. Had a good experience there myself, and it was one of the most reasonably priced oceanfront hotels I could find. It wasn't the cheapest hotel in the entire area, but it was a great value for the money given the location.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 16:53
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
519 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

Dayton House is a comfortable resort for a reasonable price. Not overly fancy but good "bang for the buck". A little further north try Beach Colony.

Trenton, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

If you're going in May, check out the Sandy Beach Resort. Their rates are ridiculously low, and the condos in the Palmetto tower are great. They do not allow pets (unless you are a property owner). We have stayed there the past two years, and have our vacation already booked for the beginning of May 2014. We have a party of 4 adults and one toddler, and we've always stayed in the 3-bedroom King Standard Suite.

Their rates jump up after Memorial Day because they are so close to Family Kingdom, but if you're going before then, check it out.

http://www.sandybeachoceanfrontresort.com/

Chillicothe, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

We have stayed at Oceans One 3 times. View from 2 bed 2 bath type 14 is awesome. Also like Dunes Village which has lots of water activities and is in the quieter north end of MB. We are staying at Island Vista in March and North Beach Plantation in June thanks to Black Friday and New Years specials. We have never stayed at either yet but toured both and thought they were super nice and clean. May be some more sales coming up. We got awesome deals on places we might not have afforded (or been willing to afford)otherwise. I watch the prices like crazy and sign up for email notices. I think we have toured most places because I am moderately picky. Can't be too outdated. I don't want to stay somewhere that is not as nice as my own home.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

Just for fun, check out Avista in North Myrtle Beach. When I booked there in August (last-minute hope like heck there's a room kind of trip), they were literally the only oceanfront hotel available with a room under $200, and it was a weekend. I haven't checked their rates for May, but it might be worth a look.

9. Re: best place to stay that is moderately priced? 2 adults 2 kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:18