We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non -smoking hotels

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Non -smoking hotels

Just for your info, when the hotels down here say 100% non- smoking they mean it.I have seen fines of $200 being assessed to people's credit cards when they are caught smoking in the room.At check-in renters are asked to initial that they have read and understand the rules.Then they claim amnesia when caught.At Forest Dunes you must leave the property to smoke.

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
418 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non -smoking hotels

I've wondered if they meant no smoking even on the balcony when they say 100% smoke free...like Meridian Plaza...

Trenton, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non -smoking hotels

Sandy Beach Resort is 100% nonsmoking, and that includes the balcony. My father made friends with the security guard the first year we went down, and he told my dad that at night when they're walking through the pool area, they'll look up and see if they can spot the orange glow of a cigarette on the balcony. They know which balconies belong to what rooms, and will add the fine to your final bill.

I know it's kind of a headache to a smoker (my father smokes a pipe - he has to go down to a designated area on the side of the building when he wants to smoke), but as a nonsmoker, I appreciate that I can stay at this hotel, relax on the balcony at night and not have to smell the cigarette smoke of a guest on another balcony.

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non -smoking hotels

I have often wished that Disney did this.

You can't even have your balcony screen door open because the smoke gets in your room. :(

Trenton, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non -smoking hotels

Oh jeez, I never thought of that. We like to sleep with our balcony door open so we can fall asleep to the sound of the waves. I'm glad Sandy Beach enforces their rules, or we wouldn't be able to do that!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Non -smoking hotels

Coral Beach is also smoke free including the balcony, so happy to hear this

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non -smoking hotels

I don't smoke. We have been coming to MB for years and always sleep with the balcony door open (A/C permitting). I have never noticed smoke from the neighbors balcony blowing in the room. Yeah, during the day you may get a whiff of cig smoke, but the almost constant MB breeze, I hardly notice it. Now it is another thing to stay in a smoking room that reeks of the smoke.

7. Re: Non -smoking hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:16