We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 adults and 2 kids - we have a choice of four hotels...

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 adults and 2 kids - we have a choice of four hotels...

We're taking our yearly family vacation for this September and are planning to use the family timeshares that we normally use in Virginia Beach to transfer to Myrtle Beach. The majority of us have never gone before so we aren't really sure what to expect as far as the hotels go. From what I've seen in the reviews and in photos - they seem to be VERY catered to children. The majority of us are all adults, between the ages of 25 and 32. There is a 6 year old and a one year old that will also be with us and then our parents in their mid 60s. We all like to have a good time, let loose, have a few drinks, sometimes my brother and husband will drop the accidental and occasional eff bomb. I don't want us to be the out of place family if a hotel is specifically geared to families with all little kids as the majority of our group are young married couples. Below are the options the timeshare:

Dunes Village Resort

Seaside Resort - North Myrtle

Shore Crest Vacation Villas

Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 adults and 2 kids - we have a choice of four hotels...

I own 2 weeks in July at Shorecrest and in Sept. most kids should be gone.Try to get Shorecrest 1 which is on the ocean.Decent outdoor pool and lazy river and an indoor pool.You can walk to Hamburger Joe's, Joe's Bar ( upscale),Long Horn Steakhouse,Olive Garden,Mc Donald's and Cracker Barrel.Barefoot Landing is a short drive straight across the highway.

Dunes Village has 2 indoor water parks and there are usually many children there.Not much within walking distance of DV.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 adults and 2 kids - we have a choice of four hotels...

Sept is the best time to be in MB. The weather and water are warm and the crowds are much lower. Dunes Village is a very good resort but it's geared more for younger children. Can you get anything in central MB because you would probably like the fact that you could walk to many Restaurants, bars and attractions. See if there are any timshares on Ocean Blvd from 14th ave north to 29th ave north.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 adults and 2 kids - we have a choice of four hotels...

I have stayed at Shorecrest and it is a very nice resort. It is in the Windy Hill section of North Myrtle Beach, which just happens to be our favorite area. It is not a party area, but a great location. You are close to just about anything you need without stand still traffic. I was in the area last September and I don't think you will have an issue being overwhelmed with children. I am not sure if Shorecrest had a Tikki bar, but Beach Cove is very close and I know they do. I am sure you could sneak in.

4. Re: 10 adults and 2 kids - we have a choice of four hotels...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:20