We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Yachtsmen Resort

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
The Yachtsmen Resort

PLease help ;) We just booked a vacation through Blue green vacations, and we can choose from The Yachtsmen, which looks like a good location, but reviews arent great, and the rooms look just okay, or Harbour Lights resort which is 2 miles form the beach. it looks a little nicer and better amenities, but not on the beach...any input, advice or suggestions?? Is the Yachtsmen in a good location?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Yachtsmen Resort

A lot depends on who you are traveling with and what you want to do. A little more info will help determine whether or not that area is where you want to stay?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Yachtsmen Resort

Bluegreen has a resort near the Yachtsman called the Carolinian which is newer but on the opposite side of the street. In North Myrtle Beach there is Shorecrest 1 which is on the ocean and near Barefoot Landing.When are you going.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Yachtsmen Resort

The Yachtsman is in a good location as far as walking on the boardwalk, going to resturants and attractions like the Skywheel, Slingshot, arcades, gift shops, bars. As far as beach/ocean location..there is a Pier and restaurant right smack dab in the middle of the property. I wouldn't want to stay there for that reason and plus it is an older hotel (40+ years) but I don't know what kind of renovations they have done. Reviews are not very good.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Yachtsmen Resort

I wouldn't want to stay in that area either, but for those who do, the choices between Yachtsman & Sandy Beach/Ocean Blue (at the other end of the boardwalk) are mostly small, older places with few amenities (and even fewer good reviews!). So it's slim pickens. But I wouldn't want to stay two miles from the beach either.

First of all, make sure it's actually the Yachtsman & not Seaglass Towers (formerly a Yachtsman tower; I know BlueGreen has owned that one since 2007). This is the building right at the 14th Ave. Pier. What's still called the Yachtsman (at 13th) is now listed under the "specialty" category here, not in the hotel rankings. Confusing and hard to compare. Maybe somebody else can clarify.

By the way, the boardwalk is now a block longer, extending to 15th Ave. Seems if you own a business/hotel that's not on it and want it to be, MB may bring the boardwalk to you if you bear most of the expense. So look for it to keep growing.

5. Re: The Yachtsmen Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:17