We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

Where is this place? What is it close to? Is it further down... by Broadway at the Beach.... I just want some information about the area.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

Try looking at

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54359-d97494-R…

If you click on the Interactive Map on the right side of the page ('Browse Nearby') you can look at what attractions and restaurants are also in the area.

Broadway at the Beach is further north and away from the ocean - near 21 Avenue North and Grissom Parkway/17 Bypass.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 16:51
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,016 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

How did you pick Palace? It is south of the middle of town, the "strip" area (Skywheel, Sling Shot) and most attractions including Broadway at the Beach. Not a bad area, might be a little crowded depending on the time of year you go. You are close to Market Commons, a nice shopping area. Not walkable...but close. Very close to the airport too. There will be a couple of resturants and a mini golf you could walk to. Most everything else you would be driving north to.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

I take what I can get ... I dont like to spend over 400 a week.. so thats why I bid on ebay on the places... and the person took 400 for the week there... I was so happy...Never been there so I guess it will be fine...thats fine... as long as it on the beach.. I really dont care about driving...

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

Suelynn, I believe it's at 16th Ave. S, next to the Landmark. It has an underground parking garage and decent water amenities. Not the Marriott, but a good value property popular with Canadian snowbirds.

The location is "mid south end," much maligned on this forum, but it works fine for me. If you walk just 2 short blocks west to Kings Hwy, you will have a variety of stores and restaurants within a 2-3 block radius, including a strip mall with Food Lion grocery. Mini golf also. Bat B is 4 miles or so, Coastal Grand Mall is closer. Stroll the beach down to Damon's Grill (little over a mile, just right for walking off your meal).

5. Re: I am staying at The Palace Resort just wondering.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:16