We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Oceanfront vs. Caribbean Resort w/ two toddlers

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Hampton Oceanfront vs. Caribbean Resort w/ two toddlers

My wife and I are traveling to Myrtle Beach with our two toddlers (2 and 4) this upcoming September. It is our first time in Myrtle Beach. After extensive research, I feel I am finally between these two options.

We would definitely go with a room with a separate bedroom and living space so we have some freedom and access to the balcony when the kids are napping/sleeping for the night. We are thinking 1 bedroom suites in both of them.

Does anyone see any reason for the Hampton Inn & Suites over The Caribbean. The Caribbean is much more reasonably priced given it is the "off" season. Hampton Inn gets rave reviews too and has free breakfast.

We are looking for a kid friendly beach, some kid friendly pools, and decent proximity to the beach boardwalk so we can walk there (even though we will have a car).

I looked at a few others including the following and had the following thoughts:

Compass Cove: Too far to the South whereas we couldn't walk. Rates are cheapest.

Dunes Village: Too far to the North and with the large indoor waterpark the kids might not ever want to go outside to the beach which is most of the reason we are going. Didn't hear much about outdoor pools though. Most expensive option.

Breakers: Closest to the boardwalk but didn't look as nice as the Caribbean. Rates are equal to Compass.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Oceanfront vs. Caribbean Resort w/ two toddlers

The Hampton Inn Oceanfront is very nice, units are top notch, but it does not rank with Caribbean in the amenities category. And it's only marginally closer to the boardwalk than Compass Cove.

Breakers is one of the most popular resorts in MB, I would consider that as well, since proximity to the boardwalk is priority one. Personally, that wouldn't even be on my list. I grew up going to the Jersey beach resorts, so the MB boardwalk just doesn't even come close. It will evolve, however, it's still quite new. In fact, it just grew another block in length.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Oceanfront vs. Caribbean Resort w/ two toddlers

Caribbean is my favorite and the water features are better and you can walk to mnay restaurants and attractions.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Oceanfront vs. Caribbean Resort w/ two toddlers

It does sound like Caribbean would fit our needs the most since we like amenities for the kiddies. Daddio, our proximity to the boardwalk is not #1, but amenities for our family at a hotel. Since rates are pretty resonable in September, does anyone suggest looking into renting a condo or other similiar options not directly through the Caribbean but on the Caribbean grounds (VRBO)? That is assuming there is such a thing. I was thinking the Ocean Front Suite would be our best option with it being in the newly renovated tower and haven't really explored the Condo buildings option or would really know if that would be something we prefer since the Suite appears to have everything we need. Definitely ocean front though and access to all the pools!

Thanks!

4. Re: Hampton Oceanfront vs. Caribbean Resort w/ two toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:28