We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night in June

Gastonia, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
One Night in June

We have friends that are getting married on June 21 at the beach. They have provided all with a list of accommodations, which of course during that time of year, require a minimum 3 night stay. One couple actually believes they can find a room for one night (check in Friday and check out Saturday). I say no way. Is this possible in June?!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night in June

Look at hotels, not condo's or resorts. Of course the room would need to be booked prior to the hotel selling out. Also, if that couple did not mind not staying on the beach, they may have an easier time finding a one night room. (That is, they would have to drive to get to the beach.)

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night in June

Go to hotels.com. They have many options. You don't necessarily have to book through them but it will help you find which hotels allow one night only.

I often find rooms through that site when other sites say there aren't any available. Case in point. Last week we had a conference to go to last minute and conference hotel said all rooms were booked-at conference rate and in general. That site had a room available and for much less! Same thing happened to other family members last fall when they attended the SEMA show in Vegas.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night in June

It is possible. I did just that from about 2 days out in July last year at Avista in North Myrtle Beach. I booked through AAA, but you could just enter your date of stay into any reliable hotel booking site and you should find something.

Gastonia, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night in June

Thanks everyone. I will let them know what you guys suggested.

Chennai (Madras...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night in June

It is possible..Look at hotels, not condo's or resorts.

6. Re: One Night in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations