We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic

Can I get options of windsurfer hotel and information on the surrounding area. Looking for fun bars and lots of beach time.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,905 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie

"Options" or opinions? Looks like a pretty nice hotel. Gets good reviews too. Furniture and all might be a bit dated, but looks comfortable enough. Right beside pier. Good area for walking around with shops, bars and resturants close by.

To answer your other question on here....you may not need a car, depending on how long your stay is. If just a few days, then just take a cab from airport to hotel. And a cab to Broadway at the Beach...fun entertainment/shopping/restaurant complex close by. (not walkable though) If staying one week or more you might consider renting a small car to explore more. SO much to see in the area other than the few blocks you can walk to.

2. Re: Newbie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 02:05
Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie

Yes..auto correct. Opinion was what I wanted to say. Thank you. Do you know what cab fair would be from airport to hotel. Is the hotel close to the water?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,905 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie

It is ocean front. How did you hear about it? I had never heard of it before, but will remember it now. Good reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54359-d556027-…

Don't know what cab fare will be. Not much though..it is only about 3-4 miles.

Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie

I read it on TripAdvisor. It seems like it will be nice. Prices were good as well. Looking forward to relaxing.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbie

Friends of mine stay there couple times a year. They swear by it. I'm thinking it's just a few blocks south of 2nd Ave Pier and south end of Boardwalk.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,905 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbie

From the pictures it looks like its right beside the pier (on the north side of it.)

Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newbie

Great. Sounds like I made the best decision.

Can you tell me a good spot for breakfast and dinner. And a fun bar. We are a 57 year old married couple but like to still have a few beers and hang out. Any night life with bands? Also want to go to a good seafood buffet, what's your favorite and which ones to avoid.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newbie

There's a restaurant on second floor of the pier and a bar on the third floor. Would have to check schedule but in the past fireworks shot off pier I think on Wed nights. I'm thinking a couple bars along the Boardwalk. Another restaurant at 14th Ave pier.

myrtlebeachscrestaurants.com/Myrtle-Beach.ht…

Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newbie

Thank you. Been a great help.