We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf costs and playing as a single

NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Golf costs and playing as a single

When a golf course shows a greens fee of $x, does that include the cost of a cart? If no, how much is a cart typically, and will they let you walk and carry your bag. Also, I am going down with family, looking to play mid week as a single. Will courses try to hook me up with other groups or not?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
697 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf costs and playing as a single

Yes rates include a cart. There are a few courses that allow walking but for the most part it's a riding town. All courses work with singles and wilt try and hook u up with another group. You have two options. Call ahead and see if they can fit you in or just, show up and tell them your a single. Summertime rates are cheaper and you should have no problems getting on the course.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 03:47
Nashville
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf costs and playing as a single

We were in Pawleys Island last week and played several times. The best rates I could find (by far) were on a web site called "Tee it up tomorrow". They discount unclaimed tee times within 48 hours of the date. We were able to get on Pawleys Plantation for around $40 per round. The starter there told us that the rates will go down again this week as the golfers head back home and the families arrive for the beach. Rates generally drop after 1:00 p.m. I saw several singles playing last week. Courses were uncrowded in the afternoon, even on Memorial Day. Have fun.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf costs and playing as a single

I play every year as a single, and I"m always paired with someone (or a twosome). I find the absolute best deals to be in the local newspaper (the Sun News). During the summer, you can get amazing deals. I played at Diamondback last August for $25 total, which included free lunch. Here is a link to the golf ads in the newspaper: findnsave.thesunnews.com/rop/Subcat.aspx…

Check back in a couple of weeks, and you'll see plenty of good courses offering rounds for $30.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf costs and playing as a single

When are you coming down? The next time The Sun News runs their golf deals I will post for you.Where in N.J. are you from?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf costs and playing as a single

Latest deals in Sun News. Rivers Edge-$59, Sandpiper Bay-$38, Crow Creek- $59, Indigo Creek- $35, Indian Wells-$39, Eagles Nest-$30, Beachwood-$39. Offers expire 6/8/14. 48 hr notice applies.

6. Re: Golf costs and playing as a single

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations