We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about Bay Watch reviews

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
208 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Worried about Bay Watch reviews

My daughter and I have reservations for 3 nights at Bay Watch later this week. The last few reviews have me concerned. Dirty? Odors? Disgusting rooms? Daughter is pregnant and very much "germ conscious" This is to be a mother-daughter get-away before she becomes a mom for the first time. Kind of late to cancel, but looking for some input from someone who has stayed there recently. thanks!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
775 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried about Bay Watch reviews

We have stayed at the Bay Watch several times and never had an issue (coming back this year). They either rent resort direct or through a private agency. We always go the direct through the resort as it seems easier to resolve any issues. Look at all the reviews as a whole. Look into the reviewers that have multiple reviews and just not one or registered that day to post it. Overall the resort is older, but is clean and we never had a problem with dirty rooms. Don't be afraid to check out the room and call the front desk if you have an issue.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
208 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried about Bay Watch reviews

I will answer my own question, since I am back home after our stay. Overall the room was fine, furniture was in good shape and not shabby at all. We did pull down the Murphy bed, in case we needed it (one of us snores and the other one has to relocate sometimes during the night!) The mattress had a bunch of hair on it, so we did not use it. The beds in the bedroom were comfortable., The bath appeared to be updated and had a large jetted tub. The only chairs on the balcony were bar stools, not really comfortable for sitting and relaxing, the other units appeared to have regular white plastic patio chairs. One of the elevators had been urinated in and the smell was awful. It was cleaned up, but still noticeable so we tried to avoid that elevator. This type of resort is not my cup of tea, but it is hard to find a 3 day rental that has a bedroom separate from the living area. The parking garage is tight to maneuver as others have mentioned. We did not use any of the pools, and used the beach just to the south of the property where it was not as crowded. I would probably not return here, but many families seemed to be enjoying it.

3. Re: Worried about Bay Watch reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16