We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Laval, Quebec...
Level Contributor
161 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Promises, promises, promises... Renovated rooms? Water slides? Lazy river? Sounds good to me... But don't want to be disappointed after driving 18 hours to get there!

So I am leaning towards this resort for the allure if the renovated rooms and up and coming water slides. We are a family of five (kids 14, 12, 10) and resort said we could book a deluxe suite room with 2 queen beds, separate living room, pullout sofa and Murphy bed, with kitchenette and balcony overlooking ocean. With this suite in mind, which rooms/towers/floors have rooms with renovations completed?

Does anyone know when most of the renovations of rooms will be completed?

Receptionist said they plan on slides being ready to go June 14 but other crown reef reviews said they seemed to be behind schedule. As our visit is in august I am not too worried.

Feedback welcome.... :)

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Hello,

I work for the resort group, Vacation Myrtle Beach, that Crown Reef is a part of. All units being rented out right now are renovated, so you don't have to worry about not being in a renovated room when you visit. Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you!

-Julia

Laval, Quebec...
Level Contributor
161 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

The recent reviews of Crown Reef are absolutely horrible; from dirty rooms, poorly renovated rooms, elevator safety concerns and above all, a water slide that is in no way close to being ready despite being told it was slated to be ready by June 15. Can you please give me an update as to how things stand. If we are mislead after an 18 hour drive to get there, we will be very unhappy.

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Hello,

We certainly understand your concerns and we can assure you that guest satisfaction is our top priority. Could you private message me with some more information including when you will be staying with us? Thank you very much. -Julia

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

FYI: Just returned Saturday from MB and stayed a few doors down from Crown Reef. There are crains and building equipment still working on the slides and pools.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
633 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Hoping to tack on here and get input from other s who have recently stayed at this resort. We were there many years ago and have good memories, but this thread and others make me concerned about current situation- particularly if there is still construction in progress

Wilkes Barre
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Julia,

I am also planning g a stay in August but have seen some not so encouraging reviews. Can you please give me an update as to the overall status of the Crown. We are 12 yr visitors to MB and we are staying at the Crown for the first time. We hope not to be disappointed.

Wilkes Barre
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Julia,

I am also planning g a stay in August but have seen some not so encouraging reviews. Can you please give me an update as to the overall status of the Crown. We are 12 yr visitors to MB and we are staying at the Crown for the first time. We hope not to be disappointed.

Wilkes Barre
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

Julia,

9. Re: Crown Reef update & which room 2 request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach