We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Buffet Pricing

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wheelersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood Buffet Pricing

I need some help with actual pricing for all the seafood buffets. There's a lot of coupons out there and I'd like to compare pricing without calling every place. Also, a recommendation is appreciated. I love seafood but the wife and small kids do not, so a variety on the buffet is great.

Front Royal
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

I would not go to a seafood buffet with others who do not like seafood. The buffets are all $$. You may try prossers in M INlet for less money. They have seafood and other items. Most seafood buffets run from $25 to $35.

Candler, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

check restaurant.com to see what choices they have in the myrtle beach area. with a promo code you can end up getting a $25 coupon for about $6. last time we were there I was able to basically get one meal free. can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was the ayce seafood buffet just a few miles south of myrtle beach.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

Agree with the above replies. You can get better seafood at non buffet places and the others can enjoy their meals also. I do not really like seafood, spouse does. We have never gotten a bad meal at Driftwoods on Hwy 707 and go there two or more times every trip.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
860 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

The buffets with AYCE crablegs generally run a bit under $30. Our favorite one is Original Benjamin's on Restaurant Row. We've tried almost all of them and it's the nicest one in my opinion. There is lots of stuff besides seafood on the bars. Carved and assorted meats, chicken, pastas, veggies, etc. HOWEVER...unless someone eats crab legs, I don't recommend the seafood buffets. If you do eat crab legs the buffets are a good deal because you get all you can eat for about the price you would pay to order a crab leg dinner off a menu. But if you don't eat them...you are seriously overpaying for your meal. Especially if you're just eating a piece of chicken and salad or something.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

Agree with Prossers BBQ in Murrells Inlet! Good food for ~$8 lunch buffet or ~ $13 dinner buffet. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d43…

I also agree to skip the expensive buffets as you all can have much better food at a regular restaurant for the same price or less.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

The only buffet we go to for seafood is Prosser's. The cost is reasonable and you get a good selection of scallops, shrimp, oysters, clams, fish,etc....My wife doesn't like seafood and the country food selection is very good there too. The place doesn't look like much, but I refuse to pay $30 a plate to feed six people. Even the kid prices are crazy at the big name buffets in Myrtle Beach. No way would a five year old is going to eat $12 worth of food. I wouldn't mind going to one of these places if it was only a couple of us, but if you have a couple of kids, it is going to be a very expensive meal. Drinks are not usually included with those $30 plates, so tack on another $2.50 each if you don't drink water. I enjoy the better buffets in MB, but quit going because of the costs.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
350 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

The big buffets are only worth it if everyone in your party is going to gorge themselves on crab legs. Even with that I'd skip them - the food isn't that good. YMMV

Bunker Hill, West...
Level Contributor
275 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

Plus, there are always non-seafood items on the buffets!

Edited: 16 June 2014, 01:15
Bunker Hill, West...
Level Contributor
275 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

Since no one has actually answered your question, I thought I might try to give you a little info and my opinion about this topic. I LOVE seafood buffets and a lot of other people do to. I've never see one of the big buffets not crowded so they must be doing something right.

The only price I can give you is for Captain George's. We visit it once or twice during our week. We LOVE the selection and the quality of seafood there. The price is $32 for adults, half price for children 5-12, and children 4 and under are free. There are early bird specials and coupons available, but IMO the price is NOT out of line. I have also eaten at the Giant Crab but really prefer Capt. George's. I can't remember the price for Giat Crab but I wasn't much cheaper than the others.

If you like seafood buffets, go and enjoy. Do not let the opinion of others influence your decision. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Hope this helps.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seafood Buffet Pricing

Since I only gave the price for Prossers BBQ in my post above which is the only buffet I would suggest, I will add my opinion on others I have visited and the price to the best I remember.

As mentioned, Prossers BBQ has very good seafood and BBQ/southern food options. I love this place for lunch which is ~ $8.00 per person which includes sweet tea. (I think sodas cost extra.) I have only been here once for dinner, and I think the price was about $13.00 per person, the buffet was basically the same, so I always visit and suggest this buffet for lunch and suggest sit down restaurants for dinner. Note, Prossers buffet is not as big as some of the other, more expensive buffets. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d43…

Captain George's is, IMO, the best of the big and expensive buffets. They have many different seafood options that the other buffets don't have and most of the food items are good. Normal prices are listed by ERat above, but they also have a $27 lunch on Sunday. Note, IMO, the food is good, but not at the level of many sit down restaurants such as Lee's, Drunken Jack's, or Russells. https:/… Here is the TA review: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54359-d11…

Bennett's Calabash Seafood Buffet - I ate here a few years ago (2011 I think), and I was very disappointed. IMO, the food was below average for the Myrtle Beach area, I would even say RedLobster in Michigan had better seafood. Only one of my friends who was with us enjoyed his meal, probably beacuse he ate nothing but crablegs. We had a coupon for an earlybird special and I think the price was still around $23+drinks per person. Just my opinion, but I suggest not going here... If you do go here, be sure to bring coupons from any of the books, or their webpage which also has coupons. http://www.bennettscalabash.net/ Here is the TA Review: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54359-d43…

The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood Buffet - This was several years ago and at a location that no longer exists, so the one up north may be better. (This location was on the south side of Myrtle Beach.) My whole family ate the early bird buffet for around $19.99 each. The food was not that great, but what made this a nightmare was about 30 minutes after leaving the buffet, we all were running to the restroom... even my brother who has an iron stomach! I would normally say this is just a one time occurrence and just never go back, but the following year my aunt, uncle, and three cousins didn't listen to me and went to the Original Benjamin's... 30 minutes after they left, they too were running for the restroom... Again, the location where we had the problem is no longer open, so perhaps the one up north isn't as bad. FWIW, prior to this incident, this place was a yearly tradition for our family and usually had good food. I have heard the normal price is around $30 now and since its north location has not closed, I would guess it isn't as bad... http://www.originalbenjamins.com/ Here is the TA review: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54359-d52…

Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood - Not very memorable. It was several years ago for this place too, and although I don't remember it being horrible, I don't remember it being great either. I think price was in the mid $20s. www.crabbymikes.com/ordereze/default.aspx TA Reviews: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54459-d43…

New China Buffet - I have never actually eaten here, but it has been suggested to me several times by different people. Apparently they have crablegs and may be the cheapest place on the GrandStrand for a buffet with crablegs at less than $15. (call to confirm crablegs and price before going there.) I believe the buffet without crablegs costs less. http://www.newchinamb.com/ TA Reviews: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54459-d20…

Note: These are all my opinions, and the prices may have increased since I have last visited as the last couple I listed were several years ago.