We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-concert dining at House Of Blue's - shorter line?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
203 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-concert dining at House Of Blue's - shorter line?

How much time does it really save you in getting access to the shorter line for concert entry?

I'm reading less than stellar reviews about the food there. Not sure if its worth it just to save 15 minutes standing in line .

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
571 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-concert dining at House Of Blue's - shorter line?

I did that once for I think it was Delbert McClinton several years ago, and no it wasn't worth it in my opinion. Wasn't the best $10 cheeseburger I ever had, the fries were cold and rubbery, and basically even if we did get in a few minutes ahead of the rest of the herd, you're still packed in like cattle. Best bet is pay extra for the reserved seating upstairs.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-concert dining at House Of Blue's - shorter line?

They've done this a couple different ways when we were there. One, you eat at HOB from their normal menu, anytime during the concert day I think, and you get in a separate line at the main entrance w/ your receipt. IMO, their food is ok but nothing to get excited about.

Secondly, as khu describes, they have a separate hamburger and hot dog buffet, then give you access to the second floor from a separate entrance. Picture hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries sitting under heat lamps on a buffet table. It's basically paying $10 to get quicker entrance.

I guess it depends upon the size of the crowd for the band that nite. When we did it, it did not really save a lot of time, it just gave you first shot at running for the good spots, just before opening the doors for general admission.

3. Re: Pre-concert dining at House Of Blue's - shorter line?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16