We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlos and Charlie's

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Carlos and Charlie's

Never been here and wanted to try it.Should have went to our usual Mexican place,Fiesta Mexacanna.I had the worst Chicken Taco,s ever,For $15.75 you got 4 tasteless taco's with sour cream and a tomato relish.No refried beans or rice included.Ate two and left two.Our waitress ,a summer exchange student from Ukraine was pleasant but when she asked how it was and I told her terrible and tasteless she just said sorry.

Then a member of the staff came over to ask if I wanted to take a poll.Even after I told her how bad I thought the food was there was still no offer of a comped meal or a dessert or anything.

Will never ever go back.All this place has going for it is location.My wife was also unsatisfied with her chicken Quesadilla. It was much too cheesy and she could not taste the chicken.

Two medium size margarritta's cost $17. Two jumbo at Fiesta Mexacanna cost $12.

Botton line, will go back to our old favorite,Fiesta Mexacanna next time.

And on another note the TV was on much too loud.

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlos and Charlie's

Have you tried any of the El Cerro Grande's? I prefer them over Fiesta Mexicana. Burro Loco is also pretty good. I would probably pick them over going to Carlos and Charlie's. Or Abuelos! That's my favorite "nicer" Mexican place here. I've always thought of Carlos and Charlie's as more of a drinking establishment that happens to have food.

Mentioned in this post
Fiesta Mexicana
Fiesta Mexicana
435 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Abuelo's
Abuelo's
976 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlos and Charlie's

An expensive drinking establishment that happens to have bad food.We go to the Fiesta Mexacanna on 68thN and 17 business.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlos and Charlie's

My curiosity got the best of me and I looked up the restaurant reviews on this place.There were over 60 reviews and certain words kept repeating.They were, over priced,no free chips and salsa,bland food,no refried beans or rice with meals. So I proved to myself I am not the only person who feels this place is all about location and not quality food.Also very noisy.

4. Re: Carlos and Charlie's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach