We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Hi everyone - sorry I've made so many posts lately, just trying to prepare for our upcoming trip.

Is there a recent post with favorite restaurant recommendations? I tried looking through the sticky at the top of the board "local's restaurant guide" and there are so many replies, its a lot to go through.

We like non-chain restaurants (both casual and more upscale) that are family friendly.

Also, any recommendations for good takeout/delivery? Sandwiches and pizza?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Carolina roadhouse is family friendly with good food. The Sea Captains house is also very good. Landry's at Broadway at the Beach also is very good. For very casual look at River City Cafe and Dirty Don's.As for pizza I like Michaels on Kings Hwy at 17th.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Toffino's Italian Bakery and Deli has great sandwiches, pizza, a daily pasta special and killer baked deserts. We also like Carolina Roadhouse a lot which has a very varied menu with great steaks, delicious honey buttered croissants and more. Angelo's has probably the best steaks I've had in the area and a decent Italian buffet at a reasonable price. For seafood we always go to Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrells Inlet which does old school local seafood prepared fried, broiled or grilled along with excellent homemade deserts. We've also enjoyed Medieval Times which gets you an excellent show and a very good meal for the money. Gigi's Beach Bar & Grill is family friendly and has really good pizza at good prices.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Luigi's off 17S around 60th gave us some great Italian take out. New York Pizza is good.Johnny D'S Waffle House for lunch take out.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,423 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Drunken Jack's down in Murrells Inlet.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Duffy Street Seafood Shack (three locations): http://www.duffyst.com/

Ultimate California Pizza (multiple locations). Their pizza is very good and they have a sports bar/ family arcade on Lake Arrowhead road that is a lot of fun to visit: http://www.ucpgamezone.com/

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
683 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

I'll third Carolina Roadhouse. It's kid friendly.

For takeout, maybe Jimmyz Hibachi on 6108 N Kings Hwy. My husband says it's the best Japanese takeout in the area. He even got it when I was in the hospital delivering our daughter! They might deliver as well.

I would only say go down to Murrells Inlet if you are going to make an afternoon of it. I wouldn't drive down there JUST for dinner with a 15 month old. Just like we never drive up to towards the north end of the beach for dinner with a 16 month old. However, I think your 15 month old would like Brookgreen Gardens (they have a zoo) or Huntingdon Beach State Park or even take a dolphin watch cruise from Crazy Sister Marina. My favorite restaurants are Salt Creek Cafe, VERY kid friendly, and Russell's Seafood, not as kid friendly and the wait can be kind of long at times. Neither of these are on the Marsh Walk. Drunken Jack's is only OK in my opinion. However, if you want seafood with a great view of the Marsh, then it's a good decision. They are also very kid friendly BUT the wait times can be crazy. If you go earlier, then it shouldn't be a problem. Or one of you could wait for a table at the restaurant while the other takes the little one for a walk on the Marsh Walk. Go look for the goats on Goat Island behind Drunken Jack's. Or just go look at the boats.

And don't worry about all the posts. I know how difficult it can be to travel with a young child! You need all the help you can get! Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
800 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

If you are looking for some quick take-out and you are around the North MB area I suggest the following:

Dodge's Chicken Store

2609 U.S. 17

North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

Yes, it's a gas station, but the chicken is really good and hot. We usually hit this up once or twice a visit for a quick dinner in the room before going out. Always good for some left-overs to grab another day.

Goose Creek, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Kings Pizza in North Myrtle Beach is always very good. Horry's restaurant in Loris is not a far drive and very family friendly and has some of the best crab cakes around with home hade cakes for dessert.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Actually for quick take out, the Lowes Food stores have some great salads to offer.Also good looking sandwiches.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 18:58
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite restaurant recommendations? Best takeout?

Here's a real sleeper for good sandwiches with a golf course view. Try the Legends Resort restaurant.