We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned from Dayton House

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned from Dayton House

Was our first stay at the Dayton House & it was very reasonably priced, clean, and safe. As some reviews have suggested the rooms are a bit dated but I still think it is a good value. It is by no means luxury so if you are looking for that you might be disappointed. For less than $100 dollars (tax included) a night we had a clean, oceanfront suite. How can you complain about that!

I will post a review on the hotels page.

Thanks for all the suggestions from this forum. We tried many restaurants that were recommened & loved most of them. We've been going to MB for 11 years but have been stuck in the rut of always going to our old favorite places.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Returned from Dayton House

Just curious... what were some of your favorite restaurants? Glad you had such a great trip!

De
Level Contributor
419 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Returned from Dayton House

Staying at Dayton House in an oceanfront efficiency for month of November and 1st 2 weeks of December

Is their a particular building that is nicer than others - will want to use indoor pool since may be to chilly for outdoor

Question for locals - since I am from Delaware - will I need a winter type coat in late Nov/early December

East Coast
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Returned from Dayton House

Is there a restaurant for breakfast on the Dayton House property?...Any restaurants nearby?....Thank you.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Returned from Dayton House

The "All Suites" building is where we stayed and there is an indoor pool, sauna, hot tub there. It is the only building that has suites.

The center (or main) building appears to be the oldest. We didn't see any of the rooms.

As far as breakfast....yes, there are many choices in walking distance. To name a few...

Harry's Pancake House is good, Uncle Johns (or something similarly named) is also close but I didn't care for it, Spring House and Omega Pancake House are close by.

For a breakfast buffet Magnolia's is very popular. I didn't care for it but that's probably just because I'm not a buffet fan.

Also for other meals in walking distance there are many. To name just a few...

River City Cafe, Don's Oyster Bar, Ultimate California Pizza, Bummz on the Beach, Kirk's Ice Cream.

East Coast
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Returned from Dayton House

Thanks for the information about the restaurants...It is greatly appreciated.

6. Re: Just Returned from Dayton House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach