We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do at Christmas

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
What to do at Christmas

Hello,

My family will be staying in Holden Beach over Christmas (12/21 - 12/27). Every year I plan a mystery outing. We have gone to dinner, or the theatre, and last year we went snow tubing (obviously not this year!). Since we will be in Holden Beach, I can plan something north in Wilmington, or south in Muyrtle Beach. What can you suggest?

Thanks!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do at Christmas

Well, maybe take the ferry from Southport over to Ft. Fisher, the NC Aquarium there might be open, its very nice!...Then drive on up to Wilmington, tour the Battleship there.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do at Christmas

If you are going to be in Myrtle Beach over the Christmas, DO NOT MISS Brookgreen Gardens, south of Myrtle. Fantastic gardens and lights.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
355 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do at Christmas

Being I am an Ohio native myself, I can relate to wanting to get away! LOL I moved here to Wilmington permanently. I would take the family around to the historic sites. Alot of them are free. Like FT Fisher, there is also an aquarium across the road from the fort. There is a cheap ferry that takes u over to Southport and they have some quaint shops. Downtown, Wilmington is fun to stroll around and they have a Paddle wheel boat and horse drawn carriages down there. I would just order the vacation info online or search engine Wilmington..have fun!

VA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do at Christmas

It may be a stretch from where you want to be but Broadway at the Beach has a lot of attractions in one spot. (Imax, aquarium - much better than Ft. Fischer, shopping, Planet Hollywood...) I second the Brookgreen Gardens vote. Also, you may want to try a show at the Dixie Stampede, The Palace or Alabama Theater or Sunday brunch at The House of Blues.

5. Re: What to do at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach