We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

Brevard, North...
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

We are leaving tomorrow for a 4 night stay at Ocean Creek Resort. My husband and son want to bring their clubs and maybe golf on Saturday or Sunday. We don't have a golf package, and my family are not big time golfers. They are just looking for something fun to do. What courses might offer the best deals, and what is the best way to find out the rates? Should they go ahead and book something, or do you think they will be ok to wait until we arrive?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

My brother was just in MB last week & the two courses he played both had immediate (walk-in) tee-times...lots of courses for $25.-$35. (and on up, of course!) You can get a free brochure that will list the courses but you'll have to call to get the current rates.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

Its pretty quiet here right now, dont' worry about booking. Get a coupon book when you get here, plenty of inexpensive options. Right now the weather forcast for Saturday is 70 degrees and 70% chance of rain, Sunday little cooler and I believe 30% chance rain. Friday should be highs in 60's and nice day. Weather has been unseasonably warm. I drive by several golf courses everyday to and from work and they appear to be pretty deserted.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

checkl the newspaper when you get here. many coupons will be in there.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

Check the Sun News and the Monster Book for coupons.It might be a good idea to book your first day if you are playing every day.

The Witch,Wizzard and Man O War sometimes offer a play all 3 price of about $120 ,includes cart.

The Classic Group courses like Black Bear,Crown Park and Indigo Creek usually offer good discounts.

Other options are Whispering Pines,River Oaks,Eastport and Beechwood.

Also be sure to ask if they have any afternoon rates.

Brevard, North...
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I'm packing right now and can't wait to get to Myrtle Beach!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

Let us know how your trip goes. Golf or no golf, you wil have fun I am sure.

7. Re: golf guestion, leaving tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach