We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Somerdale, NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Has anyone experienced this resort, located at N. 5th & Ocean Blvd in North Myrtle Beach. I've stayed in several hotels/resorts and some have been questionable. Last year we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in South Myrtle Beach, very nice clean, but not many amenities on site. The description of the Bayview sounds great and rates off season are not bad.

Hope to hear from an experienced traveler.

Somerdale Gal.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Scroll back a page or two. Somebody asked same questions. It's not in North Myrtle Beach.

ct
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Bayview is brand new and scheduled to open for rentals March 2007. There are TONS of amenities including indoor/outdoor pool, lazy river, exercise room, restaurant and a Starbuck's onsite. Rooms have high end furniture and granite countertops. From what I understand it's supposed to be REALLY nice. Bought a unit there (been waiting since 05!!) Going to stay there the end of March so I'll be able to offer a REAL review shortly afterwards. Hope this helps!! Also as mentioned by previous post, it's in MYRTLE BEACH, not North Myrtle.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

I think what is SO confusing for everyone is the North South Ocean Blvd, in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. It can be confusing for those of us who live here. I have heard some good things about Bayview, certainly should be worth a try.

Groton
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

We just booked a 2 bdr condo for the last week in April...hope everything is up and running. Let us know when you get back after your March trip. Only been to Myrtle Beach once. kmkelly

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

I visited the resort two weeks ago....it's very nice, but very new...there is a Starbucks on the first floor and the lower units are more ready as far as furnishings than the upper floors...although they said they should all be complete soon. They are starting to build a childrens water playground between the pool and the beach. The pool and lazy river are complete and so is the fitness room. There is a nice lobby with full time attendants. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to stay there so everything in the unit will be brand new. When I went it was raining and there was some sand out front from the construction, but that was from the wind. The Bayview is a short drive from everything and directly on the beach. April is nice since it's still quiet. You should have an enjoyable trip...post when you get back. The building is sold out but there are resales available...it's in Myrtle not North Myrtle Beach, couple of blocks from the old Pavillion.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Oh..one more thing. There is no restaurant on-site..that's where the Starbucks is.

Maryland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Brand new and top of the line....... Checked the resort out over the weekend and must say very , very nice. I also own a 3 bd.condo there at over 1500 sq. ft. .Granite counters,tile floors, high end furniture,fitness center,lazy river,spectacular ocean front view. And best of all plenty of parking in the new 5 story garage.. Good Luck

Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

For those who have been,

is the pool outside? Are there hot tubs, etc.?

For teenagers, how would you compare Bay View with Caribbean Beach Resort?

TIA,

Curlytoons

Raleigh, NC
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

The pool is indoors encased by glass that can be opened if the weather is right. It was a cold weekend there so the kids were in the pools/jacuzzi's full force. Personally, the smell of chlorine was nauseating.. for your teens sake, I think you should head to the other resort, I wasn't fond of the area that bayview was in..although it's a quick walk to the fun park and friendly's ice cream. I didn't feel like I was in the mix and for kids who may not have a car I'd feel better having them more centrally located.

Please keep in mind Easter weekend was freezing cold so people were more confined. Perhaps I didn't get the best feel since it was really too cold to be out and about.

10. Re: Bayview Resort, North Myrtle Beach, SC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 08:28