We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikers and Golfers

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Bikers and Golfers

We will be staying on Cherry Grove Beach in North Myrtle Beach, North Carolina over the Memorial Weekend, and are big golfers. We have discovered that it is also Black Biker Week, some kind of huge biker get together. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cherry Grove Beach
Cherry Grove Beach
640 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
North Carolina
North Carolina
United States
4 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bikers and Golfers

Cherry Grove is not the center for the bikers, but you will see and hear them all day and all night. We've been down there 3 or 4 times for Memorial Day weekend (heading down again this year). They pretty much disregard traffic laws, so be careful when driving. Beaches and golf courses are not impacted whatsoever (other than the driving to and from the courses).

Mentioned in this post
Cherry Grove Beach
Cherry Grove Beach
640 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bikers and Golfers

Dear ncgator,

Thanks very much for the update. I guess I know why we got such a deal....I hope it doesn't hurt my golf game.

We have never been to Myrtle Beach and are very excited to try out the famous golf courses. I'll just have to bring some Tylenol PM I guess and stay away from the main drag...it looks like highway 17 is a hot spot. Is that right?

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bikers and Golfers

Yes, up and down 17. In Cherry Grove, there are not too many options other than N. Ocean Blvd., so that's where they will be. Many condo's/resorts do not allow bikers/trailers,

Mentioned in this post
Cherry Grove Beach
Cherry Grove Beach
640 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bikers and Golfers

Well thanks for the heads up.