We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay,what to do???

massachusettes
Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay,what to do???

My husband has decided he wants to take me away for our anniversary and my choice is myrtle beach or atlantic city so of course would rather go to myrtle beach.We will be staying in between the bike weeks in May and I really need to make the reservations yesterday but i am confused by all the choices.I notice alot of the hotels have double beds(Avista being one of them)and that is one way I have eliminated some hotels-nothing smaller than a queen.Any suggestions of where to stay,eat and have some fun would be appreciated.We will be there only 3 full days!Thanks!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay,what to do???

you can call Grand Strand Resorts 800-367-6515, tell them what you are looking for and one of the girls in the office should be more then happy to accomodate you. You might look at Laguana Keyes in Cherry Grove, they have 1bdrm units with Q beds. Also Seaside Resort, in Crescent Beach built in 2007. Condotel, meaning all rooms decorated the same but since its new it should be pretty decent and rooms have Q beds.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay,what to do???

If you're wanting to cram as much "action" as possible into three days. I'd look down in Myrtle Beach proper. Closer to Broadway At The Beach, shows and Hard Rock Park.

If wanting three relaxing days together, I'd look into Oceans in Cherry Grove. Older but well maintained building. No frills. One plain Jane pool on fourth floor. NO HOT TUBS.

One bedroom units are huge with 1 1/2 baths. Some/most have king beds.

Short walk to groceries, meals and drinks. Park your car for entire three days.

Stayed there for Bike Week couple years ago. Last minute trip. No problem getting booked. Maybe twenty people there that week and half those were year round residents.

northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/book/house.html…

WV
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay,what to do???

I just returned today from a four day stay at the Avista. Avista has king bed units, but maybe you are meaning that they are booked for the days you will be staying. If not, I did want to let you know that they have king bed one bedroom condos and it is a PERFECT place to stay. We loved it from the minute we arrived (our first stay there) to the minute we left. We can't wait to go back.

4. Re: Where to stay,what to do???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach