We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

Looking to visit April 1oth thru the 16th, 2009 with two 15yr olds girls. We are looking for recommendations on where to stay, keeping in mind we have to have entertainment for the teenagers. There are so many places and areas to choose from. We would like some shopping/restaraunts and night time entertainment within walking distance. Is this possible? Some recommendations to date, Breakers, Carribean and Long Bay. Are these resorts more for families with little kids?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

I would look at Dunes Resort or Margate at Kingston Plantation also. You might want to look at Sandy Beach Resort too.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

You posted this in North Myrtle Beach forum, you may want to change it to Myrtle Beach. If you have teenagers I would lean more toward Myrtle Beach, more to do for younger people IMO. Broadway at the Beach is certainly a good place to visit, something for everyone, located in Myrtle Beach between 21st Ave N and 29th Ave N on the bypass. You would be very close to Broadway if you chose to stay at the Breakers, Carribean just a little further north but still close enough.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

In NMB....Crescent Shores, Mar Vista, Ashworth, Crescent Keyes, Avista, etc.

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

I would also recommend Myrtle Beach for teenagers. Even Garden City would be better in my opinion. I'm just very anti-North Myrtle Beach. It seems so far away from my favorite things to do!

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

This time of year you will not even need reservations to find a nice place at myrtle beach. I would reccomend that you go and look at several places in Myrtle not North Myrtle. April is definately off season. This time of year you will want a place with an indoor pool. In april many restuarants and activities will be closed. Broadway at the beach does not close seasonally but is a 20 or so minute drive from Myrtle beach. Very important if you are going without reservations ask to see the room before you pay. Some of the hotels at Myrtle Beach have had maintance and renovations deferred for decades. My coworker takes his familly to Patricia Resorts and loves them. Great indoor imminities and rooms with kitchens are available. You may concidder the ability to cook some meals due to limmitted availabity this time of year. Especially breakfast.

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

Because I am a teacher, I have to go in April if I want to avoid peak prices in the summer. I have never found a lot of activities or restaurants closed. Our last visit was 4/07 so it is possible the economy changed this but I do not want you to think a lot of things will be closed.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

The area you are staying in is all dependent on what you want to do. I prefer NMB because traffic does not seem as bad and the area does not seem as crowded. Also, I can get there quicker and on weekend trips, that's what look for. It has been several years since I stayed at Garden City or Surfside but I know the traffic to get there used to be bad but I would hope it is better now. If you haven't already done so, I would check out Dunes Village because of the indoor water park. It is also in the middle of everything but you would have to drive to Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grand Mall and Market Commons. If you stayed at Sandy Beach Resort in South Myrtle you would be near Family Kingdom which is as close as you get to an amusempark now in Myrtle Beach. If they are mature and you feel comfortable, I would let them go there but I would have them back by 9:00 or I would be there with them. I don't have teenagers so I'm sure there would be some to disagree with me. In NMB, if you stayed in the Ocean Drive section, they could walk to an arcade and gift shops. Ocean Drive is where the dance "shag" was born and there are a lot of beach bars in that area but the teenagers would not be able to go there. Several condos in that area are Avista, Ashworth, Ocean Bay Club, Wyndham Ocean Blvd. and Marvista Grande. If I can help in any other way, please don't hestitate to ask.

8. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 19:13
Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

I found a good deal at Oceans One in Myrtle Beach for Easter weekend. You might want to check them out and see if that fits your budget.

10. Re: 1st Time trip to Myrtle Beach- need assistance.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach