We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach area around Towers on the Grove

Hunt Valley
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beach area around Towers on the Grove

We are considering staying at Towers on the Grove for our summer vacation this year. The hotel seems great, and reasonably priced. Does anyone know what the beach area is like? I don't care for very crowded beaches. We have stayed at the Caravelle and Sandy Beach resort, and liked the hotels, but it was a bit too crowded on the beach in those areas. Does anyone have any other hotels in NMB that we may want to consider? We will stay for two weeks checking in toward the end of June. Thanks in advance for your input.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

Unless you are there during a very busy week such as the 4th of July or first or second week of June, the beach there should not be crowded. It will never be crowded like it is the areas you mentioned above. The least crowded places would be north of the Cherry Grove pier. Paradise Point and Sunrise Point are two condominium complexes that come to mind. There is also the Prince Resort that is right at the pier but it will be more crowded there because of the pier. Towers on the Grove is south of the pier and far enough away that you should be away from crowd at the pier.

Hunt Valley
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

Thanks. That helps. I believe I will go ahead and book it.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

Low tide you will have a very wide beach. High tide I really can't say.

Last year high tide came right up to the dunes. That was before the renourishment project so there should be some beach at high tide this year.

Towers On Grove is largest building in the immediate area. There is Springs Tower next door but it is much smaller. Blockade Runner and Ocean Club a few hundred yards south.

Busy part of season there might be some crowd at end of Sea Mountain Highway. Large public parking lot and non-oceanfront visitors hit the beach there.

Great location. One block walk to IGA, Barnicle beachshop, Atlantis Breakfast, ice cream, Basils Pizza and Post Office.

Two blocks to Bike Doctor and Duffy Street Seafood Shack.

Maybe half mile to Cherry Grove Pier.

Can park car and not drive for days.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

That area (Towers on the Grove) and the area around the Pier in Cherry Grove are among the most crowded beaches in the Cherry Grove section. The further north you go in Cherry Grove (higher the address ), the less crowded and wider the beaches get..until it ends at the inlet. Once you get a few blocks north of the pier (around 4000 block), crowds are lighter. Towers on the Grove is closer to grocery and restaurants (walking distance) if that's important to you.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

The beach is much wider since the renourishment project. I was down there at Mar Vista Grande January 1st and I was amazed at how wide and level the beach is now. I think the beach will seem much less crowded now since this project is finished.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

We stay in that general area every year and have never had any problems with a crowd. Always plenty of room to play games like ladder golf etc...

7. Re: Beach area around Towers on the Grove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 10:17