We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

Wake Forest NC
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

someone told me about a restaurant where part of the "show" is that the waitresses toss the bread to you. this sounds like something my grandsons would love. not sure if it is in NMB or MB. Might have Dixie in the name.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

Dixie Stampede, kids would like it. Dinner and show with horses and other animals.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

My guess would be Dick's Last Resort.

myrtlebeach.dickslastresort.com/index.php

How your grandsons would like it depends on ages and how open minded grandparents you are.

The whole "show" is the waitstaff tries to be as rude as possible. Some off color humor thown in.

Tables are long banquet type. Maybe twenty some to a table. Your group will be seated with who knows who. Not long before you're all laughing at each other like old friends.

Wait staff roll large sheets of paper into large "condom" hats. Writing humorous sayings and slogans on them. Some lean a bit to the R-Rated. But usually the type the adults can laugh at but smaller ones have no idea what mom and dad are laughing at. If easily offended. This is not a place you will enjoy.

Drink and meal orders are usually mixed up. Your diet Coke will be at far end of table. Straws are just thrown on the table. I saw a ketchup bottle fly through the air one time. I guess bread could go airbourne also.

You will have somebody else's hamburger. Another will have your's. Half the fun is getting to know your new friends as you find your meal.

All depends on your waiter. We have had some that were very "entertaining" while others were boring.

Lunch and mid day is a bit tamer than evening. Much less crowded also.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

I would say Dixie Stampede. I do not recommend anyone going to Dick's Last Resort unless you are over 16 and enjoy that type of thing.

Fairmont, WV
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

I think you have your cities mixed up. I have vacationed in Myrtle for close to 20 years and have never heard of throwing rolls in MB. However, I have eaten in Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston,MO. They are known as the "Home of throwed rolls" and also have locations in AL and Springfield. They have been featured many times on the Food Channel as a top novelty place to eat.

I have also been to the Dixie Stampede many times - great meal, great show for families but they do not throw the rolls. The novelty there is that they do not give you silverware. Everything is eaten with your hands.

5. Re: restaurant with roll throwing waitresses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 05:31