We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public beach entrance

toronto, ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
public beach entrance

Family is staying at Barefoot Resorts June 13-20. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to where the best public beach entance is(street wise), parking, restroom facilities, not too crowded, ect. Also there is a shuttle that takes people staying at Barefoot Resorts to the beach, does anyone know where they drop you off( street wise)? I understand there is a beach cabana there with limited facilites. We don't mind driving a little ways to spend a few hours at the beach each day so don't limit your responses. Thanks!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: public beach entrance

Go straight across Hwy 17, from Barefoot Resorts, then pick your access. Access' are located every couple of blocks and many have public bathrooms. So no worries about accesses, just pick one and park. I have heard that you can ride shuttle but can't use the cabana facilites UNLESS you are an owner, no vacationers allowed. But you might want to confirm that.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public beach entrance

We stayed at the Barefoot Resort a few summer's back in the North Tower. It's a very nice and peaceful resort.. we had a beautiful condo and the pool was huge. The ride to the beach was no big deal, just a few minutes and your at the beach. There is lots of parking just get there early enough. I think I remember being able to use to bathrooms. You may want to check to see if the rules have changed. Have a great vacation!

toronto, ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: public beach entrance

Thank you both for the great info!

4. Re: public beach entrance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach