We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic question - best part of Myrtle Beach

Louisiana
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Basic question - best part of Myrtle Beach

Hi, hoping not to offend anyone but I've heard there are varying parts of Myrtle Beach, some nicer than others. Can you suggest the areas (and maybe a few resorts/hotels in those areas) that are safest, cleanest, etc? Thanks.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic question - best part of Myrtle Beach

You posted in North Myrtle Beach forum, but you will get plenty of opinions for both MB and NMB. Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach are separate cities. While they have same ocean/sand there are some differences. IMO Myrtle Beach itself is much more congested, resorts are close together, more traffic, it is not my idea of a beach vacation. However, if you want to be close to the majority of things to do, then Myrtle Beach maybe where you want to be. But I suggest staying on NORTH Ocean Blvd in MYRTLE BEACH. If you want more relaxing time, not necessarily right in the middle of everything, yet still close, but little more room to breathe, then head little further north to NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, you have Windy Hill, Crescent Beach, Ocean Drive, Cherry Grove sections (all a part of North Myrtle Beach). Plenty of nice resorts to stay at. There are MANY rental agencies, my suggestion to EVERYONE is go to the Myrtle Beach Better Business Bureau, type in the name of your agency and see what their rating is to determine whether they will give you better customer service or not.

2. Re: Basic question - best part of Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 06:01
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations