We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant Crab Restaurant

Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Giant Crab Restaurant

We will be taking our first Myrtle Beach vacation at the end of this month. What's your advice on the Giant Crab Restaurant?

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

myrtlebeachscrestaurants.com/Giant-Crab-Rest…

www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6887

Gets mixed reviews. Might shop around.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

I'm not a fan. Went with a group of golfers and did not enjoy my dinner.

We really don't go to many buffets, but if I were to choose one, it would be Preston's in North Myrtle Beach.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

Our family calls this the "Giant CRAP" house. Everything is fried and tastes the same and unless you can eat about 5 plate fulls you won't get your moneys worth. The only decent buffet i have ever eaten at is the Original Benjimans but even it is very expensive so unless you can eat ALOT they are not worth it.

okaloo2
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

We've ate there too and it wasn't great....we probably wouldn't go there again.

North Carolina
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

We went last year and I didn't like it. They don't tell you the prices until after you've ordered drinks. People were going after the crab legs like they've never eaten before!!! It all tasted the same like fried something.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

Stay as far away form it as possible, waste of money and time.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

We are a buffet-lovin' family because of the variety of choice. We've tried several MB seafood buffets, but our two most favorite remain as Crabby Mike's and Original Benjamin's. Note that the name is "Original Benjamin's", not to be confused with "Benjamin's"--there is a huge difference! Mike's has the best crab legs by far, but OB has more of a selection of types of foods, with a more upscale atmosphere. They're both priced at around $25 per person.

Giant Crab was horrible. Like the other reviewers, we thought everything tasted the same--flavorless. We were very disappointed with the quality and cost of our dinner.

Totowa, NJ
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

We also ate there on last trip avoid this place it is terrible.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
860 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

We have eaten at the Giant Crab twice and while it's not horrible..it's not that great either. The food was so-so and they were very slow at putting crab legs on the bar both times...we had to stand and wait for them for a while.

If you want to do a buffet...I recommend Crabby Mikes in Surfside. We have hit all of the buffets at one time or other and this one had the best food and fresh and plentiful crab legs.

10. Re: Giant Crab Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 07:18