We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Bands

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Live Bands

When we come to North Myrtle Beach we always try to find out where North Tower is playing. Unfortunatley they are not in town next week. Anybody have a great live band to see that plays 60's, 70's, and 80's music? Thank you for your help.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Bands

The best website for North Myrtle Beach music:

http://oceandrivehappens.com/default.aspx

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Bands

the website Oceandrive happens will most likely be majority beach bands that play shag music. I am thinking based on the comment 60-80's music, you are probably more like me and not into beach music. There are quite a few places that offer live bands, you can pick up a copy of the SURGE at any store and they will have entertainment listings. There are couple places at Barefoot that have bands.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Bands

"and not into beach music..."

OMG, such heresy! Joe Pope just rolled over in his grave. Warm up that tar and start pluckin' those feathers.... <:-))

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Bands

Thank you, I did check out this website and it gave me some possibilities. I appreciate your help.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Bands

Thank you hart1. I will also pick up a copy when we arrive Friday.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Bands

I know it Pawley's, here I live in North Myrtle Beach and I absolutely hate beach music and that is all anyone up here talks about, barf! So not everyone that lives in NMB cares for it. We are southern rock, classic rock all the way!

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Bands

Hey Hart - Yeah, I enjoy my beach music but gotta have my rock. I'm a Skynard fan and a fan of the old Marshall Tucker band. Grew up with Toy Caldwell and Franklin Wilkie when they played in the "Toy Factory" band <G> before Toy started Marshall Tucker. You know the band was named after an old blind piano tuner in Sparkle City??

Do the Mullets play in NMB much? We catch them and the Tim Clark Band whenever we have a chance. How about Coastline Band? You're lucky to have them play up thatta way so often. They call themselves beach music, but they're more than that. Jim Quick puts on the best show in town.

(PS - Ssshhh about the beach music thing, they'll think you're a yankee!)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Bands

Of course we know and love Marshall Tucker-having lived in Spartanburg for 20+ yrs. My daughter used to work at O'Charlies with Toy's daughter "Toy". We love Marshall Tucker, Lyndard Skynard.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live Bands

Hey Pawley different strokes for different folks.

10. Re: Live Bands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 05:41
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach