We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

We tried our first low country boil from Platt's last night. It was just full of shrimp, crab legs, clams, sausage, potatoes and corn. Just delicious. We arrived to pick ours up at 5:25 after asking for it to be ready at 5:30. They had about 3 more minutes to finish cooking everything. I would say that's excellent service on their part. It was so good that we are considering having them do this for us for during the week of Thanksgiving. A half steamer pan serves about 4 people and is $49.95. A full steamer pan serves about 8 and is $89.95.

We buy seafood at Platt's frequently and have always been happy. Now we are more than happy with their Low Country Boil! YUM!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

Lowcountry Boil (aka Frogmore Stew, Beaufort Stew) is also easy and fun to do at home. We do it all the time. Put newspaper on an outdoor table and serve without plates or utensils. I like cocktail sauce and butter on the side.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

I wanted to actually do a review instead of posting on the forum, but couldn't find where to post.

Yes, it's fun to do at home, but it's easy and good to let Platt's do it for you!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

Thanks for this post! We have been to Platts a few times, but didn't know about buying a Low Country Boil. We will definitely get one during our next trip there.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

beachlady, fyi, you have to order a day ahead. I meant to tell that in my original post.

ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

Is this a market? Could you tell me where it is located? Thanks

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
576 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

Its on Sea Mountain Hwy in Cherry Grove.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

Primarily a fish market....also has fishing gear, bait, grocery essentials, beer.

8. Re: Go to Platt's for Low Country Boil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:16