We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

Has anyone been to the new O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park? Is it worth a visit?

I liked the idea of spending an evening at a simple amusement park with the ocean in the background. Can you see the ocean from the ferris wheel etc.? It says that parking and admittance to the park are free, how much are the rides? From the picturesit kind of reminds me of the traveling carnivals that we get at our county fair.

We really don't want to spend an entire day or a lot of money at a larger park since we have one of the best Amusement parks close to home. I thought this park might be perfect for a little evening fun by the beach.

I'd love to hear some feedback, thanks!

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

We went last September and had a good time. It reminded me of a county fair but just a little more redneck. We had a lot of fun watching the people and our kids really enjoyed the rides. Hopefully it will be there next July.

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

Is it right on the beach? Can you see the ocean? How expensive are the rides?

Thanks

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

It's not a permanent park like Family Kingdom or Free Style Park. They truck the rides in for the summer. Saw article in Sun Times that they should be up and running by Memorial Day.

The lot they use for the park will be used for Harley rally second week of May. Then they will start moving the rides in.

Advertising is making it look like a lot bigger than it is. Won't surprise me a bit to hear complaints later in summer from disappointed visitors..

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

I guess I'd be happy if there were a ferris wheel and a few other rides that we could enjoy while seeing and hearing the ocean. The problem with Family Kingdom and Freestyle Park is that they are both very mediocre compared to Cedar Point (which is close to where we live), and they carry a pretty steep price for what you get.

We're just looking for a few rides for something to do in the early evening after dinner. I'm imagining the OD Pavilion as kind of what they set up for our County Fair, but ocean side.

No one has mentioned how much the tickets are to ride the rides so I guess that would also make a difference. They say that it's free to get in and free to park which sounds good but I wonder if they get you with the prices on everything else?

I appreciate everyone's opinions and I'd love to hear more. I still haven't gotten an answer about if you can see the ocean from the park etc.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

If all you are looking for is a ferris wheel and few rides then you should like the OD Pavillion well enough. Can't comment on price though, it would have to depend how much they are charging. Its not a large park by any means.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

As long as you know in advance what to expect it would be worth the visit. Might be boring for teens but grade school kids would enjoy it.

It is ocean front. Last August they even had a huge inflatable slide on the beach.

Would have to check schedule but last year NMB closed Main Street one night a week and had stage set up with music. Show up on that night and make a night of it. Dinner at Duffy's. Listen to some beach music on the street and ride a couple rides at the Park..

Some public parking south of Main Street on second row lot.. Larger lot a couple blocks north of Main.

north myrtle beach...
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

Sorry do not agree with POP comments, seems to attack Myrtle and North Myrtle Beach. It will be up in May and it is a small park. We took our grand kids and they had a great time. North Myrtle does a great job as far as entertaining familes. Well worth the visit. I doubt you will hear any complaints and they will be not any disappointed vistors. Sounds like POP does not like it in North or South Myrtle.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

Not sure how my comments came across as an attack.

People who travel hundreds of miles to spend hundreds of dollars for lodging, food and entertainment in a few days, will see things differently than somebody who lives there.

Guess it's time I find a new hobby and keep opinions to myself.........

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

What I like about Tripadvisor is you get many different opinions and I appreciate them all! Locals and travelers who have been there. Pop, I'm sorry someone saw your opinion as being against Myrtle Beach. I didn't. I've heard it said many times that living somewhere gives you a completely different view compared to a traveler who comes there every once in a while. But everyone's opinion is valuable.

As a person who loves to travel and who uses tripAdvisor a lot, you have to read everything, use what works for you, and be thankful for EVERYONE who participates!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: O.D. Pavilion Amusement Park

Ron, I think you can find exactly what you're looking for in Wildwood, NJ., or Ocean City MD. Or with young children, Ocean City NJ.

I love Myrtle Beach, and it is welcome news they will soon have a boardwalk of their own, but there is something about the above mentioned places that I don't think MB will ever be able to duplicate.

Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach