We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on saving money

San Diego...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tips on saving money

I posted this last year and thought I would post it again since everyone loved it!

We just got back from North Myrtle Beach and had the best vacation ever. We saved a lot of money. With the economy not being very good my husband and I debated rather we should go on vacation or not. I decided to post tips on saving money. When you look for a place to stay make sure that you stay with the best. After 10 years of vacationing in NMB my favorite rental company is Condolux http://www.condolux.net/. I also like Elliot-www.northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/, Seaside vacations-www.seasidevacations.com/ and Century 21 Thomas. Make sure you check the real-estate company’s main pages for specials and coupons form local businesses. I know condolux always has a "HOT DEALS THIS WEEK" section. We got an email from a company and saved 30% on the rental for the week. We bought a lot of groceries last year and ate in 3 nights for dinner and had breakfast and lunch at the condo. This saved a lot of money. When we did go out for dinner or a game of Putt Putt golf I made sure that I used a coupon from sunnydayguide.com/myrtle_beach/gs_coupons.php

We wanted to go parasailing so I found a coupon in the monster coupon book and we booked before 10:00 AM and saved $15.00.

themonstercouponbook.com/coupons/attractions… I rented a couple of bikes from www.northstrandbeachservice.com and we parked the car and tried to ride our bikes most of the week. This saved us on gas money and we even rented chairs and umbrellas from the same company. They gave me a coupon so I rented 2 chairs and umbrella for $55 for the seven days we were there.

The rentals on the beach for the same equipment was $175. Even though the economy is bad we still went on vacation and saved a lot of money. In fact I think it was our cheapest vacation ever. We had a great time!

Ontario
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on saving money

We also find it is a great idea to get the local paper daily. They have 2 for 1 coupons for dining out and that helps us decide where we will go to eat out.

Broadway at the Beach, besides being a must go to, has great early bird specials at some of the restaurants. We have gone to Tony Romas and Key West Grill and had a great 1/2 price meal going for the early bird. Sure we eat a little early but the price is right and you also beat the crowd.

Fulton, MS
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on saving money

We have found a great way to save money, is going to the Seafood Market, we go to Berry's. We order the seafood cooked, by the pound, and fix the sides at the condo. This save us a ton of $$$$.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips on saving money

Where is Berry's?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips on saving money

Berry's Seafood is on Sea Mountain Hwy in Cherry Grove. You have 2 good seafood choices almost right next to each other.....Berry's and Eugene Platt's.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips on saving money

BTW, another way to save money is to stay in a 2nd row building vs ocean front. Most of the smaller condos on the 2nd row are amazingly inexpensive compared to the bigger resorts on the ocean.

6. Re: Tips on saving money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations