We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

I posted this on the Myrtle Beach forum also. I thought I would post here in case there are people that only read this forum and not the Myrtle Beach forums.

Has anyone booked through Towers at North Myrtle Beach recently? I booked Towers on the Grove through Wyndham, but Towers at North Myrtle Beach still owns some units there and have a separate website with much lower rates. I was told that if I booked though them, I would check in at Prince Resort and call them if there are any problems. I guess over 90% of the units are owned by Wyndham. Right now I have a 2 bedroom ocean front deluxe booked, but for $20 more I could book a 3 bedroom ocean front through Towers at North Myrtle Beach.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

I don't know anything about who owns what in the building. I just heard Wyndham was in the picture a couple months ago.

As far as dealing with Prince Resort...It's maybe a mile up the road by the pier. Actually within sight when out on the beach. Wouldn't be a big problem running up there to check in.

My big question would be would you have access to all ammenities renting from one company and not the other.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

I actually booked a room through the Towers at North Myrtle Beach. The price was awesome compared to the rates of the new Wyndham owners.

I was very hesitant after reading things online about new owners and how all of that would go with our stay... I called initially to ask a few (ok, MANY) questions. The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful. I was quoted a price cheaper than what was listed online and got an amazing deal. I hadn't made a firm decision yet so she gave me a number to reference if I were to call back to book. I called back about 24 hours later, gave the number and booked with the initial quote I was given.

A few things they told me when I asked my questions and subsequently booked....

Housekeeping is not provided when booking through Towers at North Myrtle Beach. This wasn't such a big deal for us because usually we only ask for new towels anyway. The lady told me there would be enough towels in the room for our entire stay when we check in. You do check in at the Prince Resort. I google-mapped it and it isn't that far away at all. If you have any issues or need anything during your stay you simply call the Prince desk and they'll assist you. Also, we will have access to the amenities in the building.

We were hesitant to book this resort because of the issues we'd heard about.. But it seems the most issues come when you book through Wyndham. Usually we stay in Myrtle, and we ALWAYS look for the best bang for our buck and we have always been able to stay at very nice places for incredible prices. And after searching for days, if not weeks, we decided to go ahead and book at this location. Even though it's a bit further from the action than we normally are willing to stay, it's really not a far drive at all to get to any shops, attractions, or restaurants.

We go on the 11th. Will definitely be posting a review and trip report about this resort.

Hope to help! :)

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

rn, thank you for the information. Please let me know how everything went when you come back. I am booked through Wyndham right now. They price matched hotels.com rate, which saved me over $300. After I received the price match rate, hotels.com went up a couple hundred.

I have never been to Myrtle beach, so I am also curious about the area. I know there are some restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance and I know that a parasailing place is right next to Towers on the Grove.

Have a great trip!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

Well we're here! So far we are pleased... Check in was very simple. Our room wasn't ready when we got there, so we shopped at Walmart (5 mins away) until it was ready a little before 4.

The room is VERY nice. There's a flat screen tv, nice pillow-top bed, large balcony, washer/dryer stacked in a closet, another closet for clothes, full granite kitchen (not huge but it works), the kitchen is well stocked with can opener, coasters, blender, toaster, microwave, stove/oven, dishwasher, full size fridge, pots, pans, strainer, etc. The bathroom is nice as well. The shower/tub combo is huge, with jets and a rain-style shower head.

There is an IGA grocery store within walking distance. There's also a Walmart about 5 minutes away. The area is quiet... No where near as busy as Myrtle Beach which is further south.

If you do decide to switch, I would definitely recommend calling to get a quote, as they quoted me a number $18 less per night than what was listed online.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

Thanks rn! I actually just checked their website again and there is only an efficiency available now for my dates, so I will be keeping the Wyndham reservation. How many bedrooms is your unit? Was it easy to find from the airport? We are planning at stopping at Walmart to grocery shop before checking in, so I'm glad it is so close.

What are your plans for the week? When we go we are going to go parasailing at Bob's Water Sports (right next to Towers on the Grove), do the private dolphin jet ski tour through Thomas Outdoors Water Sports, take a tour of the T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation, fish from the Cherry Grove pier and take free shag dancing lessons at Fat Harold's (free lessons are Tuesdays at 7 pm).

Let me know how the beach is in that area.

6. Re: Towers at North Myrtle Beach...Not Towers on the Grove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach