We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are you looking forward to most?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
284 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What are you looking forward to most?

What are you looking forward to most on your vacation to NMB?

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

I am looking forward to the dolphin jet ski tour and the T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation tour. I am also looking forward to just reading books at the ocean.

Montreal
Level Contributor
133 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

Hello Deepulley,

We're heading down in to NMB in 11 days and counting. What am I looking forward the most? Boy now that’s a tough question! We just plain love the place. This is going to be our 7th time there over the last 12 years.

The first five was with our three kids who are all grown up now and have reached adulthood. They still talk about our trips to NMB as one of their favourite childhood memories. They still recall the ocean, the beach bikes, and the nightly escapades to Broadway at the beach, to all the mini-golf (I honestly believe we’ve played them all), Barefoot landing (the Christmas store there sort of became a requested pilgrimage) the arcades, they’re favourite restaurant (if you must know Outback steakhouse!).

After a hiatus of a few years, my wife and I decided we would come back to NMB just the two of us, so now our vacation is a little more laidback but still a lot of fun. Being just the two of us, it gives us the freedom to sneak in a few rounds of golf which we weren’t able to before. We no longer go to the mini-golf and amusement parks and we do spend more time shopping (that’s my wife favourite activity! :)) but for the most part we still enjoy going to BATB and Barefoot Landing, eating out, trying restaurants we haven’t tried before. We even enjoy stopping over at some of the beach stores, the tackiness of these places still bring a smile to my face! I feel like a kid in a candy store!

When we go to NMB I can’t imagine staying elsewhere than at an oceanfront condo. We’ve always avoided the big resort towers choosing instead low-rise condos because they feel homier to us (not to mention the fact that the beach in front is generally less crowded). Despite everything that I mentioned above, what gives me the most satisfaction during my vacation in NMB is to just be near the ocean and just watch the waves and listen to the sounds of the ocean. This is my favourite sound of all. I can spend countless hours just sitting in the sand reading and listening to that gloriously appeasing music. There is nowhere else I would rather be and when I’m not on the beach I’m sitting on the balcony just watching and listening to this great beautiful ocean in front of us, wondering if the people who are actually living here know how lucky they are!

So you see, what I’m looking forward to the most is all of the above and more and I could continue writing but I’m pretty sure you get the point by now . Part of the fun for us is also planning the trip and anticipating our departure. I know we must sound like immature kids, but at the same time I’m pretty sure where not alone in feeling like this. To us NMB represents all that, so yes, we’re REALLY looking forward to come down

Edited: 19 July 2010, 22:20
jeff city, mo
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

Kgouin,

What company are you using for you jet ski dolphin tour?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

Wine on the balcony.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

jameydj, I am going to use Thomas Outdoor Watersports. This is the information I received when I emailed asking about the tours:

2 hour jet ski dolphin watch eco tour - approx. 40 miles round trip, awesome experience!!!!!!! There is no guarantee, but we see them about 99% of the time. Most popular offering!

We offer 4 trips a day. The earliest is 8:00 am. Its also the best deal. (DOUBLE COUPON) With a coupon (print it off the web site) and reservation, the price at 8:00 am is $ 125.00 for a single rider and $ 5.00 per extra rider. The price with the coupon for the other times during the day is, $ 135.00 and $ 5.00 per extra rider. We have a lot of skis, so you can wait till you get into town to make your reservation if you would like. If you want the 8:00 am time call at least 2 days in advance. The other times are, 10:30, 1:00 and 3:30.

We ask that you arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure time.

2 hour tour $ 145.00 plus $ 5.00 per extra rider plus tax

Or try a private 2 hour dolphin watch eco tour, just your group and the guide, (Digital pictures, taken by your personal guide, minimum 15 pics, Dolphin tour T-shirt, soda and snacks) that tour is $ 170.00 plus tax. This price is for 2 persons on 1 jet ski. This is with the coupon. Minimum 2 days in advance for reservations.

There are always staff members on the water close by for your safety and comfort of knowing we care.

We just need your last name and cell phone # to hold reservations. For parties of 4 or more jet skis, a credit card number as well. We do not precharge your card.

(Kids 10 and under ride jet skis free.)

I am going to do the private tour. There will be 2 of us on one jet ski, and when I asked if just one jet ski was ok for the private tour, they said it was. Here is a link to their website:

www.mbjetski.com

jeff city, mo
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

Thanks!!

Im emaling them today!

Waterford, Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

7 nights with my wife and no kids..nit sure if we will leave the room!!!

Old Bridge
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

1) NOT HAVING TO GO TO WORK!! :) :)

2) Visiting a place I have never been before-- love visiting new places!

3) THE OCEAN!! Blue water!! cant wait to boogie board!!

4) A beautiful condo with a balcony overlooking the ocean

5) Just getting away from the Rat Race of every day responsibility!!

Come on, September 26th!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

Not being on a schedule and playing on the beach with my kids while we watch the waves roles in. Only 2 more weeks!!

10. Re: What are you looking forward to most?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach