We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Myrtle Beach Crowds?

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
75 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
North Myrtle Beach Crowds?

We've never been to the Myrtle Beach area and would like to know how crowded it gets in North Myrtle beach in late July. We're considering a vacation there next summer (2011) at Kingston Plantation (Royale Palms). Is two weeks too much?

Potwin, KS
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Myrtle Beach Crowds?

I have visited the Myrtle Beach area many times and know for a fact that Myrtle Beach is way more crowded than North Myrtle. I found a link on vacationrentalsdirectory.com discussing the differences between North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach. Two weeks in July is perfect by the way. Happy Hunting. I'm putting the lnk below.

vacationrentalsdirectory.net/travel_article.…

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Myrtle Beach Crowds?

I stayed at Royale palms last August and you have picked the best accomodations in MB. The units are the best with all top notch furnishings and decor. Great beach and amenities, attached to the Hilton, free shuttle to outlets and restaurants. nice tiki bar overlooking ocean, spa, fitness etc. You will be very happy you are staying there. You will not find that area as crowded as many other areas. It is a beautiful place

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Myrtle Beach Crowds?

July is the busiest month of the year in all areas of the Grand Strand. Most hotels/resorts/condos are pretty packed, and beaches and pools (especially high rises) will be crowded. To avoid the crowds, stay in areas with 3/4 story condos and houses. You will not have all the ameneties of the resorts, but certainly won't have the crowds to fight either. You will have more room to breath at the Cherry Grove section of North Myrtle and Garden City/Surfside (south of Myrtle Beach).

4. Re: North Myrtle Beach Crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 06:46
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations