We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Rochester, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Hello, I am planning a bachelor party for a friend of mine. We can get a nicer house in North Myrtle Beach but I am not sure if we would prefer to be in Myrtle Beach with a worse house in comparison to North Myrtle Beach. We would like to be able to walk to bars and to the beach where there are bars and stuff. Does North Myrtle beach have this or is it only in Myrtle Beach? Please advise.

Thanks!!!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Are you set on a house? You should look at 3/4 bdrm condos in the area of the Breakers or Sandy Beach resorts. You can walk to bars and restaurants and you are right on the beach. Plus the resorts have bars and Tiki bars. Good luck

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Without knowing more specifics of the areas in NMB and MB you are considering, I can only comment in general terms. NMB is geared more towards families vs. bachelor parties, and you are much more likely to be able to walk to ocean front bars in MB vs. NMB.

Rochester, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Thanks!!! We are not set on a house. I will look into the condo.

Rochester, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Do you know the best Hotel? Looking for the best pool and hot tub and bars in the hotel?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

In my opinion the best accomodations in MB are at the Royale Palm but I don't think that will be the best party seen. Braekers ,Sandy beach are rated highly and in a busier section with more activities and spots around. Good luck

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

Just a suggestion, but what about in-between North and South? The Sands Ocean Club is on Lake Arrowhead Road.

http://www.sandsoceanclub.com/

It is right off of Restaurant Row, where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. myrtlebeachscrestaurants.com/Restaurant-Row.…

The Sands Ocean Club has "Ocean Annies," which is one of the best Beach Front Bars on the Grand Strand. Plus, you can walk to "Harry the Hats," which is our golf group's favorite bar in Myrtle Beach.

http://harrythehats.com/

There are beach houses and condos in the Lake Arrowhead Area, as well. So, you might want to give that area a try! I think it would be a great place for a Bachelor Party.

Edited: 10 January 2011, 17:19
7. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 16:18
8. Re: North Myrtle Beach vs Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach