We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negative experience with Condolux?

Garrettsville, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Negative experience with Condolux?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience. They quoted me a rate for a condo. I had to think about it so I didn't reserve that night. The next day I called and the agent quoted me again, the same price. I told her "lets do it". So she took all of my information and the computer would not allow her to enter it. They put me on hold for 10 minutes! The supervisor told her she could NOT give it to me at that price. I was fit to be tied! I've never dealt with a company that will not honor their prices that they quote you. This amounts to nothing but horrible customer service. I had already turned two other condos down with other companies and now I have to search all over again. The supervisor spoke with me on the phone and when I told her that I was upset and that this really is bad customer service, she hung up on me! Buyer Beware if you deal with Condolux! I've heard bad reviews about them before but thought I'd give them a chance since this was a nice unit at what I thought would be a good price. I suppose because they are a big company they could care less about customer loyalty. I know I won't be doing business with them in the future!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Negative experience with Condolux?

You are not booking a hotel with same rooms and hundreds of them- owned by 1 company. Rental agencies manage individually owned units and they are dependant on what that owner will allow. Some owners allow the discounted rates, some don't. Somewhere in fine print on website should be some kind of statement to that fact. I understand the frustration, I would venture to say that was a new person who did not realize how much discount to give. Or they forgot to add something to the quote. IT HAPPENS! We are human and we make mistakes. Condolux or any agency is not in the business of giving quote and taking them back but it does happen sometimes with all agencies from time to time. AGENCIES and VRBO's have risk involved. Had a huge VRBO problem last night for group of people, they got here, they had agreement with person and paid, when they got here the owner had rented to someone else and would not honor their reservation, 10 adults 8 children had no room and at 5pm were frantically trying to find somewhere to stay. Almost impossible at this time of year, I felt bad, I had 2 options for them but wasn't oceanfront and they decided to keep trying.

Edited: 23 July 2011, 12:46
Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negative experience with Condolux?

hart1 wrote: "Had a huge VRBO problem last night for group of people, they got here, they had agreement with person and paid, when they got here the owner had rented to someone else and would not honor their reservation, 10 adults 8 children had no room and at 5pm were frantically trying to find somewhere to stay."

OMG. Those poor people. You're going to die young dealing with problems like this. When your career in hospitality is done, please write a book about what it's like to be behind the counter at a major vacation destination.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,759 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negative experience with Condolux?

Yes! Hart1 - please write a book! I can also see your adventures in "hospitality" as the basis for a great TV series, kind of like "Love Boat" gone wrong.

Horrible about the group of 18 who thought they had a confirmed (fully paid for, no doubt) reservation from the owner. I'm sure they will remember that hart1 did everything she could to help. I hope the guests found a place they liked and that they were "made whole" by the owner. Meanwhile, I would love to hear the owner's explanation of how such a mix up could occur!

I know that keeping track of multiple inquiries and reservations, some of which are far in the future, requires very careful record keeping along with constantly checking and updating of the calendar. Most of us who get into the business understand our responsibility to keep the calendar clear of double bookings, but I can understand how a problem might occur if the owner has not been diligent. The process is even more complex when both the owner and the property manager are taking reservations for a particular home.

As to manager "specials" and advertised discounts ... If CondoLux is listing "specials" on ads for homes that do not allow discounts, CondoLux is guilty as charged in the original post. Since I do not allow discounts on our rental home, I can only imagine the discussions when someone finds our place on the manager's website and then inquires about some special that the manager might be offering on other homes. Wisely, our manager NEVER advertises a discount special on their website's link to our home, so one can clain "bait and switch".

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Negative experience with Condolux?

You advertise special deals - you have 500 or more properties-not all take those deals. That is why somewhere there is a disclaimer, as with every advertisement. Its not bait and switch. Its just that software, internet, still have limitations. We do the best we can but mistakes get made. I make them everyday. The call volume we are dealing with this year is huge, and everyone is wanting that special deal. There is no love lost between agencies but I doubt anyone is purposely misquoting. ALL that does is add more to our overloaded plates. The callers ask a thousand questions about hundreds of properties, you are flipping between properties, dates, the callers are confused, in turn you get confused and you hit a 1 instead of a 2.

5. Re: Negative experience with Condolux?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach