We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

lansdale, pa
5 posts
Save Topic
Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

Hi there,

We have visited the MB a few times with our family over the years. We are looking at renting in NMB in early to mid September. One of the homes we are looking at is just off of 28th Ave S. On the map there is some kind of water shown (stream? Drainage?) between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S. I am wondering if I should avoid this area of the beach with very young kids due to runoff and possible higher than average bacteria counts?

I don't know what that water is, so I was wondering if anyone familiar with the area could enlighten me. If my kids were older runoff wouldn't concern me much.

I don't want to assume it is drainage or something like that and check this particular house off our list, but I'd rather not be right up against some sort of storm water runoff with a young family.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

What is the address of the place you are considering to rent? I looked at the map and didn't see what water you are speaking of.

lansdale, pa
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

http://www.vrbo.com/994507ha#ownerprofile

If I switch from satellite to map view it looks like it shows a stream? Creek? Some type of drainage?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,759 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

I would telephone the owner to inquire about that feature.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

If you google that address (28th ave. south, north myrtle beach) a better picture comes up.You can zoom in better, It is right beside Bay Watch Resort. It looks like a drainage line. I would steer clear of it, but the beach area around it looks ok. Just keep an eye on your kiddos!

Actually, the picture I get shows people playing in it! Yuck!

Edited: 23 April 2013, 13:50
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
151 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

I am familiar with this drain and I have never seen anything coming out of it. In prime season there are tons of people in this area.

6. Re: Water or drainage between 28th Ave S and 29th Ave S?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach