We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Reef?

Steubenville, OH
Level Contributor
107 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina Reef?

Carolina Reef room 807 looked pretty nice but I'm a little afraid of staying at an older smaller building. Has anyone stayed there before and what was your experience? How many rooms? The pool looks very tiny is it?

I always stay at Blue Water Keyes, South Shore Villas, or Atlantic Breeze and I'm afraid it will seem dated, small, and dirty.

Hudson
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Reef?

Blue Water is a better choice....We stayed at CR years ago and it was just ok...

South Charleston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carolina Reef?

We just got back from Carolina Reef and actually stayed in room 807. The pool is very tiny and the pool deck is very slick everyone that stayed in our condo slipped at least once thankfully no one was hurt. The condo is one of the smaller ones we have ever stayed at but we had 6 adults and a toddler and we had enough room we were really surprised that it had 2 bathrooms. The only thing Id worry about is having something stolen. We were supposed to stay from 5/20/13 -5/25/13 but had to cut our vacation short because we had over 500 dollars stolen from our room so be careful about that.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
81 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carolina Reef?

Really sorry to hear about the theft you experienced during your trip to NMB.

Honestly, Carolina Reef is a lot smaller and less luxurious than some of the resorts you mentioned, but if you do your research you CAN find a pretty descent vacation rental for a great price.

I've stayed in Carolina Reef - Unit 105 and spent about $1200 out the door for a week in peak season. Not too shabby!

Come back an visit our beach again soon!

South Charleston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carolina Reef?

Well be back my family usually goes at least to times a year and that's the first time anything like that has ever happened. I really liked the condo the only negative thing for us was the fact that we had money taken from us but that could have happened anywhere.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
354 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carolina Reef?

We have stayed at Carolina Reef and our condo was small, but very very clean. Yes, the pool is also small, but I have never been there when many people are around. All units are oceanfront and I think that is a big plus! I would definitely stay there again.

Hillsboro, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carolina Reef?

This is my 2nd time to spend 3 months here in the same unit. Jan.-Apr. and Oct.- Jan. 2013. I'm here right now and thinking about buying one of these units. It's nice, quiet, relaxing and inexpensive by the month during off season. I've read all these other comments. Who cares about a swimming pool when your at the beach? It's not a real fancy place but all the glitters isn't gold either. It's very adequate, well maintained with friendly folks in the rental office. There's a little convenient store a few hundred feet or so to get a Sunday paper. North Myrtle has everything you need within a few minutes drive with a kind of small town feel to it. I'm a no frills single male, very practical and selective where and how I spend my hard earned dollars. The idea is to be on the beach and not spend a lot of money. Carolina Reef is clean and safe as anywhere around here. Do you go to the beach to sit inside all day and night?

7. Re: Carolina Reef?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations