We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
350 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

We can't get a reservation at NBP for our early June travel window. Where else should we look? I know there are several towers at Kingston Plantation but I was surprised to see they are more expensive than NPB and I don't think Kingston has as nice a vibe. To be fair I haven't seen the towers.

Any advice?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

Take a look at Ocean Creek Resort...or Seaside Resort. Both are up in NMB.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

Also look at Mar Vista Grande. They have 3 and 4 bedroom condos with interior entry like NBP. Their location is 4 miles north in Ocean Drive. The amenities are not as grand as North Beach however it is an upscale property for sure.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

I would also look at Mar Vista Grand. You should also take a look at Royale Palms in Kingston Plantation. Its located at the very northern end of MB but it has great accomodations and all the amenities are onsite.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

My pick would be Royale Palms and then Mar Vista Grande. I stayed at Ocean Bay Resort several years ago and the condos were very spacious and the one I had was beautiful. Royale Palms and Mar Vista owners are required to keep their condos up to date and must refurbish them quite often.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 18:53
LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
622 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

Agreed...Royale Palms.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

I have stayed at Mar Vista....very nice condos, furnishings and rooms. The pool is just OK, nothing grande. The beach is nice and you can really walk quite a bit.

I've also stayed twice at Sea Watch, both the north and south towers. The grounds are really nice, especially if you have several different age groups of kids. There are two huge pools,a bout 9 hot tubs and a large lazy river. It's also in between Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot landings. The only think I didn't like about it was that the beach is sort of cut off at both ends so you can't walk for miles.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
81 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

If you're looking for something comparable in regards to the amenities at North Beach Plantation, that's going to be hard to beat.

As far as quality and luxury rooms, I would recommend:

Atlantic Breeze Resort , Crescent Keyes, Blue Water Keyes, Laguna Keyes or Mar Vista Grande.

8. Re: Next best property after North Beach Plantation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations