We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Honeymoon Resort

Johnson City...
7 posts
Save Topic
Best Honeymoon Resort

My fiance and I have decited that we would stay in N. Myrtle instead of Myrtle. I have been looking High and low at resorts and the two that I have found that catch my eye are Avista and Mar Vista Grande. Does anyone know which is best for a honeymoon, or if there is another one that is better than both? We want to be right on the beach and since we are going in Mid-October we would like an indoor pool and possibly an indoor lazy river. And of course on a honeymoon, the room is very important too! Thank you for help!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

Have you looked at North Beach Plantation? It may be better for a honeymoon and definitely more pools.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

Given that my "honeymoon" included a motel in Niagara Falls and tickets to the Bands of America marching band championships, I guess I don't have the best idea of what is considered "honeymoon-appropriate." That said, my wife and I (along with our 1-year-old daughter) enjoyed Avista during our recent trip. I thought our 1-bedroom suite was very spacious and well kept, and even had a nice view of the ocean in spite of being on the 1st floor.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

Agree with MZ Vikkee...North Beach Plantation would be my pick for a honeymoon. Mid-October is a great time to visit. Much quieter and you will most likely have much of the beach to yourself :)

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

NBP is the nicest of all of them. MarVista would be a close second with Avista being nice but a few years older than the other two.

Not much within walking distance to NBP. Avista and MarVista you would be able to take a leisurely stroll down (or up) to Main Street for a bite to eat, cold drink and listen to some beach music at one of the clubs.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
838 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to walk to Barefoot Landing from NBP. We walked to Barefoot from Ocean Creek, which is right next door. No need to park then; you just have to be careful when you cross the (very) busy road.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

Agreed....we have walked to Barefoot Landing many times. NBP has it's own steakhouse, there is a Longhorn under construction on the corner across from Barefoot (not sure if it will be open in mid-Oct,) and an Olive Garden within walking distance, as well.

7. Re: Best Honeymoon Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 07:17