We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

Southeastern
1 post
Save Topic
BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

We rented a home, paid a pet fee (nonrefundable)plus an additional required 125.00 security deposit. We were only refuned half of our security deposit because of pet hair being in the home! I have since discovered that Lachicotte rarely, if ever refunds any security deposit in full:-( We won't use them to rent again. Staff rude and abrupt. I paid for linens for each bedroom only to find out that the linen packages don't include pillow cases, just the sheets!!!! Had to go but pillow cases. We won't make that mistake again.

Southeast
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

In fairness to the rental agency, their website is VERY clear about the charges for linens. It's almost a la carte. In other words, you don't purchase a set, you purchase individual pieces. If pillow cases were not specifically requested, you won't get them.

Regarding the pet and deposit, if your pet or pets, left 'presents' throughout the yard, dug holes, tore up furniture, etc...be prepared to lose some of your deposit.

columbia, sc
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

In the future you may want to rent through VRBO.COM. Lots of pet friendly condos/homes. I've rented several and have been very pleased. You rent straight from the owners.

pittsburgh, pa
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

my response to this is simple. I have used lachicotte for four seperate vacations there and have always recieved every penny of my deposit back.

Leave the rental as it was when you came and you would get your deposit back. Another thing is anyone at the realty I have ever dealt with have been helpful and very nice so you must have made them mad.

leave

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

There are some people who will not read nor listen to instructions regarding rentals. If you try to epxlain it to them they tune you out and don't hear a word you say. But of course, wait until something is not what they thought it was and see how unglued they become. We try to briefly give you some important info upon arrival that can make your stay more pleasant and less stressful. We also go over most of the specifics with you when you make your reservation such as what is covered and what you have to purchase. Now sometimes we forget, doing as many times as day as we do, but I believe it should be up to the purchasor/guest to be sure they check out if linens are included, what would that include, what about trip insurance, ask us to explain it, what does it cover. What about parking, what about motorcycles, trailers, pets, etc. We are not mind readers and we don't always know what your ulterior motives are when you book, especially when its parents trying to book accomodations for their spring breakers. Most agencies are wise to that trick and your little darlings could be evicted shoud you try to "pull the wool over our eyes" there are no refunds in that instance.

5. Re: BEWARE of Lachicotte Realty Vacation Home Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Pawleys Island