We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seabrook in November?

Dike, Iowa
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Seabrook in November?

My husband and I would like to go somewhere warm the week of Thanksgiving (Warm being relative, as we live way up in Iowa) and considered Charleston area.

I've read lots of nice things about Seabrook Island and wondered if there are still restaurants and activities available in the area this late in the year? We plan to daytrip into Charleston, but is the coast a ghost town in November?

Also - any recommendation on booking a unit there? I've read several people recommending the Pelican Villas and want a good rental experience. Our last one was from an owner and not so great.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Amy

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seabrook in November?

We vacationed last weekend in Seabrook, and stayed in an oceanfront condo at Pelican Watch. We found our unit on www.vrbo.com and had a wonderful experience. The prices were very reasonable, too. We will definitely return.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seabrook in November?

The coast is not a ghost town in November. October-November are good months to visit the Charleston area because the weather is cooler and the summer crowds are gone. Thanksgiving is a popular time to visit, so make your reservations as soon as possible.

Pelican Watch villas are one bedroom, 2 bath units overlooking the North Edisto River beach and the Atlantic ocean. Upstairs units have especially great views! Check with Resort Quest or Beachwalker Rentals for available rentals. Ask for one of their top rated units.

Being from NW Missouri, I know where you are coming from by being concerned about activities in November. There is always something going on in and around Charleston!