We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hotel Guarantee a joke

California
Level Contributor
21 posts
194 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hotel Guarantee a joke

My husband and I were booked to stay at the DoubleTree Club Las Vegas twice in May 2010 (lovely hotel, by the way, with great staff!). Both stays were pre-paid, non-refundable. After booking the first, I found a lower rate, submitted it to Hilton's website and was told I would receive the difference in cost plus a $50 gift check after the stay. As it happened, my husband became violently ill during the travel and ended up in a hospital in Burbank. Hilton refused to honor the guarantee because we had not slept in the bed! It was paid for months prior and they incurred LESS cost than if we had actually stayed there! They may have even rented the room again that night - I don't know. They said the stay was not "completed". I say since it was pre-paid and non-refundable, that the "completion" occured whether we were there or not. No where in the wording of their guarantee does it say anything about having to actually STAY. I have contacted Hilton by website inquiry, email, telephone, and mail (sending copies of everything). They pretty much have ignored me. I was on hold for more than a half hour on the phone and it was then I was told the guarantee did not cover my situation. Since there was no manager available, I requested someone call me. That never happened. I sent a packet to the corporate office with a letter outlining these events, but that was over 2 weeks ago with no response either. I am angry and frustrated. I don't know where else to go with this. Any ideas?

1. Re: Hilton Hotel Guarantee a joke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Spartanburg