We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

isle of psalm

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
isle of psalm

We are driving to the coast(myself,daughter and husband -s=whose has to be on oxygen all of the time ). We are meeting another daughter there who is flying into Charleston from Boston.We are looking for a place to stay near the beach. Are we going to be able to swim at this time ( We are going the first week of May ) ? Also we just want to relax but be close to shopping for us girls.Does anyone have any suggestions for us ?

3 replies to this topic
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: isle of psalm

I have to say, that's the best auto-correct I've seen this week.

You may be able to swim depending on your tolerance. The air will be very pleasant. Do you want a house? Condo? Hotel? Look at Sea Cabins:

or any of the IOP rental companies. There are fewer rentals on Sullivans.

IOP is close to shopping in Mt Pleasant, and of course, the shops in Charleston are great.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: isle of psalm

The Isle of Palms is about 20 min from historic downtown and about 10 min from Mt. Pleasant. Mt. P will have shopping, movie theaters, etc. Historic district has great shopping, fantastic restaurants and of course, many scenic and historic sites to view and/or tour. There are a few restaurants on Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms.

Also, check out the rentals at Wild Dunes on the Isle of Palms.

Sullivan's Island has no hotels and few rentals other than entire homes. The Isle of Palms has 3 hotels/ condotels and numerous condo and home rentals.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 18:34
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: isle of psalm

"Isle of Psalm" is such a beautiful name for an island! I hope you'll find that our Charleston islands qualify. :-)

Reply to: isle of psalm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sullivan's Island
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now