We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April in Deadwood?

Indiana
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
April in Deadwood?

We are planning a trip to Deadwood in April. Just wondering if anyone has been there at that time of year and what the weather was like. Appreciate any info, on any suggested restaurants or fun things to do. Thanks

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: April in Deadwood?

The average high temperature in Deadwood in April is 53 degrees. Low 29. You could expect just about anything from real nice to a massive blizzard.

I would say that April is one of the slower months in Deadwood. I'd be working on hotel reservations now, though, especially if you're going to be there over a weekend. The more popular hotels seem to fill up just about any weekend of the year.

My two favorite restaurants in town are the Deadwood Social Club and the Deadwood Thymes Cafe. The Deadwood Social Club is on the top floor of the Old Style Saloon #10 building and has a mostly Italian menu. The Deadwood Thymes Cafe is a bistro style restaurant with a gourmet type menu. It is located near the Adams Museum and the Post Office which are just a couple blocks off of Main Street.

Jakes would be considered the nicest restaurant in town. It touts itseld as a four star restaurant and it is at the top of the Midnight Star building. It is owned by Kevin Costner.

The Chinatown Cafe has a good reputation for Chinese food.

Just about every place on the street has the typical burger menu.

If you're looking for the buffet scene, there are multiple choices. Crab legs are available on Friday nights at most of them and also on Saturday night at the Silverado.

If you want to go to nearby towns, you can try eating at Roma's (Italian) or the Club Room (American) in Spearfish. The Stampmill in Lead is an enjoyable place to go to, too.

Get answers to your questions about Deadwood