We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deadwood Gulch Resort

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Deadwood Gulch Resort

We are thinking of staying here in May. How is it/

Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
138 reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Club Crawl
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
20 reviews
from US$199.99*
Wisconsin
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Deadwood Gulch Resort

Hi!

I haven't stayed there but just got back from the Deadwood and drove past it several times. It looks lovely!! The only reason we choose not to stay there was it was too far out of Deadwood to walk back and forth from Mainstreet back to the hotel. If you don't mind staying a bit further from the main drag, I would recommend it. It is right on the creek that runs through Deadwood.

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Deadwood Gulch Resort

Deadwood Gulch is the best place to stay if you're bringing kids. Of the non-downtown hotels in Deadwood, I think it's one of the nicer ones, though I haven't stayed there.

I'd really try to get something downtown. The prices aren't too much different and you'll be able to step out of your door to the downtown attractions. It's kind of like the difference between being on-strip and off-strip in Las Vegas.

I'd recommend the Celebrity Hotel, the Bullock, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn or the Mineral Palace. I've stayed at or have been in rooms in all of these hotels.

Be careful at the Franklin, unless you specifically ask for a hotel room (hearsay: their rooms aren't that nice anyway), they'll stick you in an old motor lodge across the street.

Indiana
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Deadwood Gulch Resort

we have been going to deadwood for 10 years and always stay at the gulch we just hop on the trolley and go to downtown it is only 50 cents and you dont have to worry about parking fees and where to park we will be there in a week and were staying there again. and yes if you have children it is a very nice place to stay. but the pool and hot tub will not be working this year as they are under construcktion. and try jakes at the top of the midnight star it is owned bye kevin costner and its is a great place to eat......

Get answers to your questions about Deadwood