We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deadwood Hotel Prices

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Deadwood Hotel Prices

Is it just me or are the prices insane for next summer? I looked at the Holiday Inn for June or July and it was $350 per night, about the same as I paid to stay in a very nice hotel in times square last summer. Other hotels also seem to be very high. I have relatives that go there all the time and said they have never paid more than $100 a night to stay there, doesnt look like that is possible right now.

Adams House
Historic Sites, History Museums
Adams Museum
History Museums
Mt Roosevelt Monument
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deadwood Hotel Prices

I don't think you will find $100 per night in the summer, but $350 is almost Sturgis rates. I just did a quick check for the Lodge at Deadwood and Mineral Palace. Mineral Palace has rooms for $139 on some June weekends, and the Lodge has rooms for around $179. These are for double queen rooms..no suites.

Most room in the Black Hills are around the $170 range when you are looking at major chains. Rates in the neighboring town of Lead are a bit cheaper, and it would be very easy to get from Lead to Deadwood in a matter of minutes. We have stayed at the Palace Express in Lead, where the rates have been under $100 a night. The motel is very basic and offers no frills, but it was clean the last time we were there. Keep in mind our stay was not extremely recent. Spearfish also has some chains, but you will have a longer drive in to Deadwood.

Another suggestion I'd have is to possibly plan your stay for mid to late August after Sturgis, In some hotels, the rates do go down. It's a great way to save money if you have some flexibility in your timing.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Sturgis
Sturgis
South Dakota
Spearfish
Spearfish
South Dakota
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deadwood Hotel Prices

Thanks for the info. I talked to the staff at Holiday Inn and found out there was an error in their online prices. I was able to get a rate that was in line with what you told me to expect to pay. I thought under $100 did sound way too cheap for the summer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
400 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deadwood Hotel Prices

^Can I ask which Holiday Inn this was for. I saw some crazy prices for Holiday Inn in Custer for late April. They weren't high, they were ridiculous...like you said, prices high for even NYC!!!

Mentioned in this post
Custer
Custer
South Dakota
4. Re: Deadwood Hotel Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Deadwood
Recent Conversations