We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation in June

Pella, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
family vacation in June

We will be in the Hill City/Rapid City area for about a week at the end of June. I have three kids ages 15, 13, and 6 -- and my husband and I. Looking for a good (and affordable) place to stay (with swimming). Considering a cabin as we would like a kitchenette since one child has celiac so has special diet restrictions. Any suggestions on a good place to stay or good places to eat that will accomadate gluten-free cooking?

Thank you!!

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation in June

This website has information about cabins around Hill City.

hillcitysd.com/hillcitylodging-cabins.html

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation in June

Mama Bear -

In Rapid City I know from recent experience that the Hampton Inn has a suite right by the pool that has a mini fridge and microwave and they have a decent continental breakfast and always seem to be a little less crowded than the other hotels but the best part is their fun waterslide. It's not as grand of a waterslide/pool area as the Best Western Ramkota or even the La Quinta (if they are open yet) but I thought them adequate. I don't really know much about the area cabins but there are plenty so I would think you could find one with a kitchenette.

I understand your need regarding diet restrictions. My son has PKU so we struggle everywhere to find protein free foods. We do alot of plain hamburger buns and fries and ignore the funny looks we get. I don't know of any particular place to eat that would be better than the next for your needs but can tell you that you will find the same types of restaurants here as you should have at home and I'm sure you're familiar with how to order in those types of places. You'll have the option of everything from McDonalds to fine dining. Or we could meet up and your kid could have my kid's hamburger! LOL

Get answers to your questions about Hill City
Recent Conversations