We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rehearsal dinner

Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
rehearsal dinner

Looking for a place for a rehearsal dinner - can anyone give me a few suggestions. It will be a larger group - would like a restaurant which you can bring your own alochol (if there is one) Thaks for any suggestions

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rehearsal dinner

What area is the wedding taking place?

Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rehearsal dinner

The wedding is at Canyon Lake Resort, Rapid City - We are from New Jersey so it is highly unlikely that we are going to be able to see any restaurants prior to the wedding. Thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rehearsal dinner

Sorry, I am not a local so I cannot recommend any restaurants right in Rapid City. I was hoping a local would have some input. Are either the bride or groom from the area? Perhaps you could call the hotel where you are staying and ask for recommendations. I do know that Game Lodge, Sylvan Lake Lodge and Blue Bell Lodge in Custer State Park have large rooms they rent out and cater, I believe. However, that is probably too far out for your dinner. There is also a Bed and Breakfast with a Rapid City address but about 35 miles out of Rapid that has hosted small weddings and other types of dinners. We ate dinner there one night and they were preparing for a wedding the following day. Food was excellent. I am adding their web site address for contact information: http://www.blackforestinn.net/

Good luck.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
502 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rehearsal dinner

The easiest thing might be to check if Canyon Lake Resort is also available for the rehearsal.

Other restaurants that I know have a separate area for gatherings:

Botticelli Ristorante

523 Main Street

Rapid City, SD 57701-2733

(605) 348-0089

The Fireside Inn Restuarant and Lounge

THE FIRESIDE 23021 Hisega Road Rapid City, South Dakota 57702. (605) 342-3900. 6 miles west of Rapid City on Hwy 44

Minervas Restaurant

Minervas Restaurant & Bar - Rapid City, SD 2111 N. LaCrosse Street Rapid City, SD 57701 605.394.9505

rapid city
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rehearsal dinner

I would see if Canyon Lake resort is available- they do a nice job. Also, Delmonico Grill downtown Rapid City has a room upstairs I think it seats around 40 - Minervas in the Ramkota Hotel also has private dining rooms - what time of year is the wedding? summer is pretty busy at these places. I love botticellis downtown (they have private rooms as well) and the Enigma restaurant in the Radisson hotel- also have private rooms. congrats on your wedding and hope you enjoy Rapid city!

6. Re: rehearsal dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 05:17