We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

new jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

We will be in Rapid City on June 9th. Could you give me an idea of what we should expect weather wise for this time of the year?

Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hello Fellow Jerseyan,

Here is a link to a site that provides a good overview on weather in the Black Hills at various times of the year.

www.godakota.com/climate_BlackHills.asp

Typically, expect days in the 60's/70's and nights to be cooler..40's/50's. Elevation is always a factor. It will be little warmer in Rapid than in Keystone, Hill City, etc.

Light jackets and layers are always a good idea, especially at night. Jeans are a suitcase staple for our trips.

I always tell posters that these are averages, and weather is subject to change..Case in point...our mild winter.

Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
The Black Hills
The Black Hills
South Dakota
Keystone
Keystone
South Dakota
Hill City
Hill City
South Dakota
Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
57 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Weather is warm/ hot and most of the time windy in the summer. We have seen snow in the middle I the summer before, however I would mainly pack summer clothing.

new jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

In early/mid June, the weather can be highly variable. We have had freak snow storms in June! And we've also had 115 F temps. I'd recommend bringing at least a jacket and warm slacks in case they're needed.

5. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:16